Associate Director, Procurement Data & Insights
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.Job Description
Gilead is seeking an Associate Director of Data & Insights
to lead a team to collect, structure, analyze and synthesize data into insights that guide procurement decisions, creating compelling business cases through storytelling. This role is critical to driving the evolution of Gilead's Procurement function and will partner closely with the Procurement leadership team to support the delivery of critical programs and projects. The successful candidate will also identify opportunities to automate data collection and analysis through AI and other tools to identify opportunities for growth and efficiency.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Building a high-performing team focused on delivering insights to stakeholders and business partners
- Accountable for the development, maintenance, and communication of key Procurement metrics and dashboards to drive business decisions at the functional portfolio, client, and project levels
- Transforming and synthesizing qualitative and quantitative data into rich, meaningful, compelling insights that unravel complexity and spur innovation
- Developing in-depth business, analytical, and systems knowledge to improve/build analytical solutions, approaches, and business recommendations
- Assisting the leadership team to define program goals, metrics, and a long-range plan; Presenting and reporting progress to all levels of management
- Advancing discipline and core processes associated with data collection, budgeting, and reporting for the function
- Demonstrating the use of data visualization and analytic tools to showcase business insights
- Coaching stakeholders think through analytics and writing compelling proposals to support the business strategy
- Implementing continuous improvement measures to improve performance metrics, programs/processes, and innovations to achieve higher levels of business impact.
- Maintaining process integrity, adherence to internal policies and controls, and ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
Gilead Core Values:
- 10+ years of relevant experience and a BA or BS degree, or 8+ years and an MS/MA/MBA in business, finance, or equivalent - preferably with source-to-pay experience
- Experience required in financial analytics, including cost-modeling and tracking
- Strong track record of applying procurement principles, concepts, best practices, and standards along with an in-depth knowledge of industry practices required
- Fluency in data collection, analysis, and presentation, including experience with data visualization tools
- Proven ability to translate data into insights and communicate compelling narratives with data
- Strong communication, presentation, and change leadership & management skills are required
- Knowledge and understanding of Six Sigma and Lean principles preferred.
- Strong people and project management skills
- Proven ability to lead projects to successful completion
- Excellent interpersonal, stakeholder management, and influencing skills
- Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
for assistance. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Apply online today at www.gilead.com/careers
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, and Singapore employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.