Senior Manager, Government Analytics & Reporting
United States - California - Foster CityUnited States - New York - New YorkUnited States - Texas - DallasUnited States - California - Los AngelesUnited States - District of Columbia - Washington
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.Job DescriptionGilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead operates in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.Job Description
In this position, you will be a key member of the Government Programs and Pricing (GPP) department and have responsibility for delivering deep insights and actionable recommendations that will enable Gilead to rapidly and appropriately adapt to evolving U.S. government policies, relevant laws, regulations, trends and other dynamics. This will be achieved by providing proactive, portfolio-wide analyses, reports and insights to address critical business, pricing, and contracting initiatives as they relate to key therapeutic areas, including Oncology.This position sits in Foster City, CA.
- Demonstrated understanding of calculations, including Average Manufacturer Price (AMP), Best Price (BP), Average Sales Price (ASP), Non-Federal Average Manufacturer Price (NFAMP), 340B Public Health Service (PHS) Ceiling Price, Federal Ceiling Price (FCP), and Unit Rebate Amount (URA).
- Develop and own forecasting models for all price types, in order to proactively address current and future scenario planning.
- Develop analyses and insights to support strategic planning. This includes working with internal and external partners to evaluate appropriate analytic sources and incorporate market research and assessments.
- Distil complex information into clear, synthesized insights and recommendations. Support strategic negotiations and contracting efforts.
- Provide substantive pricing analytics that accurately incorporate compliance implications and financial impact of contract pricing decisions.
- Analyzes calculation results and assists the GP team in identifying the source of variances that are observed period over period.
- Complete various special projects, analyses and reporting. Includes participating in initiatives for updating and improving analytics, processes, procedures, databases, systems, tools, templates, reporting mechanisms etc.
- Proactively pursues opportunities to implement process excellence through automation of processes and institution of industry best practices.
- Develops and implements detailed project plans, where appropriate, to guide full design, implementation, communication, education and any change management requirements associated with new or updated GP processes.
- Build relationships and work closely with relevant partners in Account Management, Government Contracting, Medicaid Rebates, Government Affairs, Marketing Sciences, Sales Analytics, Finance etc. to understand payer analytics, reporting, pricing, contracting needs, expectations, opportunities, challenges etc. and inspire cross-functional teams to deliver results.
High School Degree and Twelve Years' Experience
Associates Degree and Ten Years' Experience
Bachelor's Degree and Eight Years' Experience
Masters' Degree and Six Years' Experience
Ph.D.Preferred Qualifications: 3 years of experience in pharmaceutical/biotech industry
Previous pharmaceutical/biotech market access experience
MBA or other advanced degree
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, and Singapore employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.