Lead Integration Architect Data and AI (Sr Manager)
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.Job DescriptionAbout the company
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization.About the job
Gilead Enterprise Data and AI Platform is looking for a Lead Integration Architect to lead the planning, coordination, development, and supervision of all activities related to the integration of software programs, applications, and third-party solutions to meet the business requirements of the Enterprise Data & Analytics organization. The integration needs are primarily focused on connecting on-premises and cloud-based commercial software applications which form the ecosystem of our Enterprise Data Platform. This individual is also responsible for developing and maintaining an application integration architecture blueprint, APIs, codebase for the organization. You must be passionate about coding along with leading the team to implement a solution.Responsibilities
- Develop enterprise system integration standards
- Develop and maintain the technology stack to include commercial or open-source integration platforms
- Provide expert advice to project teams on use of integration technology, system architecture including integration best practices
- Oversee critical steps within the Software Development Life Cycle components that impact enterprise-wide development / architecture standards
- Provide oversight in standards adherence through reviews of project work including detailed technical specifications and application code
- Work with project teams in definition of requirements for integration strategies of their projects into the Enterprise Architecture
- Manage externally sourced team members
- Oversee development of integration APIs and solutions
- Assist with incident response, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and problem resolution
- Communicate project status to various levels of management
- Oversee the technology and standards for version control
- Partner with leaders of other disciplines to ensure proposed solutions align with information, technology, infrastructure, business, and security architectures
- Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with standards
- Mentor team members by giving/receiving actionable feedback.
- All other projects and duties as required or assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering/Science, a related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- 8+ years of industry experience, 5+ years working with web and cloud technologies.
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture, systems architecture and integration architecture, frameworks, and practices.
- Knowledge of common system integration methods and technologies including Web services, SOAP, JSON, XML Schema Definition (XSD), Extensible Markup Language (XML), Business process automation and orchestration tools and software
- Working experience in Cloud Native development, Microservices architecture, OOP, SDLC, Agile/Scrum, CI/CD, DevSecOps.
- Familiar with source control, build tools and CI systems: Git, GitHub, Maven, ant, Gradle, Travis, Jenkins
- Expertise in solution design and development, vendor management, enterprise application support, in addition to strong business understanding and project management
- Experience with the implementation of Continuous Integration practices and tooling to support automated build, delivery, and regression test of commercial software
- Proven experience in managing relationships with vendors/consultants, IT teams and internal stakeholders
- Experience working with API's from commercial software applications
- A passion for all things tech and has a drive to experiment with new technologies to see where they can benefit the business
- Experience in a supervisory role on an integration development team
- An interest in staying hands-on technical as well as wearing that team management hat
- Established project management skills
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, and Singapore employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.