The Obesity, Muscle and Metabolism group at Regeneron is committed to developing transformative medicines to treat obesity, metabolic, endocrine and muscle diseases. We are seeking a highly talented PhD Scientist with exceptional expertise in integrative metabolism, energy balance and the interconnection between the brain and peripheral organs. The candidate will be responsible for guiding and executing rigorous ground-breaking in vivo mechanistic studies for target discovery, validation, and novel therapeutic development.
Independent scientists with a strong command of neuroscience-based in vivo and ex-vivo techniques, metabolism, molecular biology and biochemistry to contribute to target discovery, validation and preclinical development for novel therapeutics are encouraged to apply.
As a Scientist in the Metabolic and Muscle Disease group, a typical day might include the following:
- Independently designing, conducting, analyzing, and troubleshooting rigorous in vivo and in vitro experiments to drive projects.
- Identifying and implementing novel areas, technologies and approaches for validating targets and modalities to support of development of therapeutics.
- Synthesizing results across programs and communicating progress and discoveries within the Muscle and Metabolic Disease Group and across different functions.
This role may be for you if:
- You are self-motivated, team-oriented and productive with proven scientific problem-solving abilities
- You thrive in a creative, flexible, team environment.
- You are able to excel in a fast-track environment while contributing to multiple projects
- You are a leader and enjoy driving ideas and projects forward
To be considered for the Scientist role, you will have a M.D. or Ph.D with at least 4+ years of postdoctoral training in Neuroscience or Metabolism or related field. A solid publication record demonstrating productivity and scientific rigor is required. We are seeking strong hands-on experience with in vivo neuroscience-based approaches including stereotaxic surgeries, optogenetics, calcium imaging and in vivo assessment of metabolism is essential. Broad experience in biochemistry, flow cytometry, molecular biology, in vitro and ex-vivo assays are essential. Research experience with brain IHC/ISH, adipocyte and/or neuronal culture, single-nuclei RNASeq and/or spatial transcriptomics is desirable. Excellent written and presentation skills are essential.
Applications to include cover letter and research statement.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.