Just – Evotec Biologics is looking for a Principal Scientist or Scientific Director of Bioreactor Process Design for a next generation Integrated and Continuous Bioprocessing (ICB) career opportunity well positioned to have a substantial impact on patients and the biotechnology industry!
Our process development team is interviewing candidates with experience in perfusion bioreactor technology development, cGMP technology transfer, and regulatory filing requirements as well as scientific team and project management to help lead a talented and rapidly growing upstream bioreactor team focused on developing the next generation of Just - Evotec Biologics’ ICB technology platform and applying it to clinical stage biologics projects.
- Lead a diverse group encompassing all aspects of bioreactor process development, characterization, validation as well as tech transfer to manufacturing
- Drive technology development for process intensification and continuous manufacturing to reduce manufacturing costs and footprint
- Collaborate across the organization to speed time to clinic while reducing development costs
- Manage staff, capital resources and planning
- Be a technical resource on cross functional teams for cell culture and bioreactor processes, small scale models, process transfer and scale up, and authoring CMC regulatory sections
- Act as an internal technical resource for Manufacturing and Process Design, as well as a resource and subject matter expert for external clients and collaborators
- BS/MS in Engineering, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related field with 15+ years of experience or Ph.D. with 7+years of experience.
- Expertise in bioreactor cell culture and perfusion technology development, transfer to manufacturing plants, and authoring CMC sections of regulatory filings
- Experience withcommercial process development, process characterization, and validation
- Expertise in design of experiments (DOE) and statistical analysis
- Experience leading bioreactor development teams
- Experience with high throughput cell culture (e.g. deep-well plate assays, robotics such as Ambr) is a plus