Why Patients Need You
Whether you are involved in the design and development of manufacturing processes for products or supporting maintenance and reliability, engineering is vital to making sure customers and patients have the medicines they need, when they need them. Working with our innovative engineering team, you'll help bring medicines to the world even faster by imagining what’s possible and taking action.What You Will Achieve
Working with Pfizer’s dynamic engineering team, you will play a critical role in the management of manufacturing information systems to improve manufacturing success rates and ensuring zero down time.
As a Manager, your planning skills will help in preparing forecasts for resource requirements, and providing areas of improvement for products, processes or services. Through your comprehensive knowledge of principles, concepts and theories of the discipline, you will also work towards advancing new concepts and methodologies. You will be able to take a cross functional leadership role to facilitate agreements between different team.
It is your dedication and focus that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
This position is responsible for the following at the Sanford site:
- Leading/performing the administration, support, and implementation of automated Process Control Systems.
- Overseeing necessary system changes for supported systems and independently developing approach to solutions.
- Providing controls/automation technical support, management and execution of projects/assignments from initial concept to final closeout.
- Specifying, designing and installing process control systems in direct support of commercial and clinical manufacturing operations.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving manufacturing operations control systems/automation/instrumentation issues.
- At a minimum, the position should be able to execute work independently, work with various groups across the organization and be able to oversee and lead projects to ensure that automated cGMP/GLP equipment, facilities and utilities perform as intended
- Responsible for system-wide system compliance, including alarm reporting/trending, periodic reviews, account re-certifications and user account administration
- Perform business owned system support responsibilities for 3-4 systems and/or provides technical leadership for one or more of the following systems: DeltaV, PI, BMS, and/or Rockwell FTAC
- Support responsibilities may consist of master data maintenance, validation support, change coordinator, user change management and general system administration, SOP maintenance, performance monitoring, periodic reviews, training, project management, change controls, network and server support, and release upgrades.
- Modify moderately complex to highly complex control logic that requires a high degree of scientific and/or manufacturing process expertise
- Lead automation activities for capital and non-capital projects, including:
- Project scoping and planning
- Generation of test protocols
- Execution of test protocols
- Final Report writing for test protocols
- Supervision and direction of others performing this work
- Perform routine troubleshooting activities for automated systems. Level 1 support of automation for continuous processes (e.g. CUB, WFI, etc.), including troubleshooting, operator assistance, data reporting, investigations, etc.
- Responsible for maintenance & support of automation computing infrastructure (software, servers, switches, controllers, HMIs, etc.), incl. system health monitoring
- Support regulatory audits through the preparation, defense and interaction with auditors in areas related to automated systems
- Assess potential impact of changes to qualified automation systems Identify and implement automation best practices to continuously improve the site automation program
- Partner with peers at other locations and support network solutions through participation in virtual global teams to establish business systems requirements and share best practices
- The position requires execution and management of multiple projects at the same time and good communication skills to keep customers, peers, and area management up to date with progress of all projects in order to ensure automation activities are completed in a timely manner and on schedule.
- Applicant must have a High School Diploma (or Equivalent) and 10 years of relevant experience OR an Associates degree with 8 years of experience OR a Bachelors with at least 5 years of experience OR Masters Degree with more than 3 years of experience, OR a PhD with 0+ years of experience.
- Further education or certification in Instrumentation, Calibration, etc. is preferred.
- Knowledge of two or three control system platforms/programming with advanced depth of understanding.
- Broad understanding of systems architecture and operations and related components (e.g. hardware, software, network, database, S88/S95etc)
- Experience with process controls equipment including PLCs, DCSs, HMIs, SCADA systems, SQL relational database systems, and Network Hubs including design and debugging skills.
- Experience with writing software test plans, user requirements, and system design documents
- System Architecture design including switches, VLANS, Firewalls and Virtualization Platforms
- Experience with OSIsoft PI historian system architecture, interfacing, asset framework and core visualization applications, such as PI Vision, PI Datalink, etc.
- Experience with Data Analytics applications such as Simca Batch Online
Position requirements are typical for a manufacturing plant-based work environment with shop floor exposure in manufacturing and utilities. There are no unusual physical or mental requirements for this position.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
May require working on the floor in manufacturing or utility areas at times which will require a focus on safety. Aseptic gowning could be required. Occasional travel to support project work will be required.
Relocation support available
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply:August 5, 2022
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.