Principal Scientist will be a member of Technical Development at the Holly Springs Influenza Vaccine manufacturing facility, supporting Viral Pilot Plant (VPP) operations. You will oversee upstream Cell Culture operations within the VPP. You will independently provide the technical and operation skill-sets necessary to manufacture high quality biological and to meet safety in a compliant, efficient, and cost-effective manner at Seqirus Holly Spring.
You will have responsibilities including providing technical expertise related to the process, equipment, and business systems that inspire manufacturing and strategic improvements within purification processes.The Role
- You will be
- Accountable for personal contribution and VPP upstream team contribution to on upstream purification projects of varying size and complexity.
- Direct the work of scientific staff on VPP Upstream Cell culture projects.
- Be an important team member by concurrently advancing multiple prioritized strains using established work processes.
- Discover work process improvements to achieve future team goals.
- Prepare technology development study protocols and reports, BPRs, and SOPs to support Viral Pilot Plant
- Demonstrate awareness of broader project goals; Provide technical guidance to VPP upstream and colleagues in FCC Late Stage group.
- Analyze information and standard practices using existing procedures to solve routine problems Functional/Technical Skill: Requires in-depth conceptual and practical expertise in own technical or scientific discipline and understand technical terminology relevant to the field. Apply broad theoretical job knowledge typically obtained through advanced education or previous work experience.
Use electronic business systems (e.g, PLCs, LIMS, SAP).Your skills and experience
- Postgraduate degree (preferably PhD) or experience in relevant industry or academic environment
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Knowledge of / experience in cell culture
- Knowledge of bioprocess unit operations (e.g. Bioreactors, centrifugation,) and engineering scaling principles is required
- Experience in application / analysis of Design of Experiments (DOE) and other statistical techniques
- Knowledge of GMPs.
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K, and PTO available from your first day of hire.
Seqirus is committed to attracting and retaining world-class employees who are valued for their contributions to achieving business objectives. Learn more about some of the benefits you can participate in when you join Seqirus.
Seqirus is part of CSL Limited (ASX: CSL). As one of the largest influenza vaccine providers in the world, Seqirus is a major contributor to the prevention of influenza globally and a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness. Learn more about Seqirus.
We want Seqirus to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Seqirus.
Do work that matters at Seqirus!