Process Mining Lead
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.Job Description
As a Process Mining Lead (PML), you will act as a trusted partner to Gilead to provide Data Analysis and Data Engineering expertise. You will liaise with various process owners across Gilead to define and deliver specific Celonis Process Mining solutions based on the business' strategic priorities and use cases. Additionally, you will translate data into actionable business insights. As a PML you will need to understand and maintain the data pipeline into Celonis, including ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality. For Celonis, it is important that a PML has a deep understanding of database knowledge and requirements engineering as well as SQL experience.
You will work side by side with business process SMEs to help them achieve their strategic goals and realize significant value using the Celonis Process Mining suite of products. You will blend deep process and industry expertise with a proven consulting skill set and a keen interest in analytics and change management. PML will be a part of the Gilead Process Mining team reporting to the Head of Process Mining.Essential Duties and Job Functions
Required Skills / Experience
- Collaborate directly with senior level executives, process owners and technical teams within Gilead to understand their goals, objectives and requirements and translate them into Celonis technical requirements
- Define data requirements to deliver analyses for use cases of interest
- Extract, transform, and load data to support new requirements
- Maintain and enhance current data models and create new data models as needed to support the business objectives and use cases
- Design process-specific dashboards, analyses and automations
- Present implementation progress / results to senior level executives and process teams at Gilead
- Develop use case library and expertise across processes that can be leveraged across Gilead
- Lead business value workshops and use Celonis to identify and qualify opportunities for process enhancement
- Build business cases and ROI calculations, leveraging industry benchmarks and best practices
- Execute improvement actions and initiate enterprise-wide change initiatives
- 8+ years in process improvement, technology consulting, professional services at a technology company
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or other related field
- Prior work experience in data science and data modelling
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience in business transformation initiatives is a strong plus
- Skillful at building long term relationships with executives and key stakeholders
- Proficiency in leading and facilitating executive meetings and workshops
- Passion for making technology successful (well adopted and driving tangible improvements across key KPIs)
- Strong analytical thinking and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, strong team player, and quick learner as there is a steep learning curve
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, and Singapore employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.