Admin Coordinator - Policy
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.Job DescriptionGilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff of more than 12,000 people is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development. Our scientific focus has resulted in 25 marketed products that are benefitting millions of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.This key role provides administrative and clerical support to the Policy Leadership Team. We are looking for someone who can be nimble and proactive in a dynamic and fast-paced organization. The Administrative Coordinator will have exceptional administrative, organizational and communication skills. The successful candidate will have a confident and capable demeanor, and strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with all levels of employees across a variety of functions.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively maintain daily calendars as needed, scheduling changes and resolve scheduling conflicts.
- Make travel arrangements, arrange meetings and provide associated clerical support.
- Provide Administrative support as directed. (including set-up and maintenance of filling systems, preparing and sorting mail, directing inquiries).
- Flexibility for Europe and east coast time-zone working hours.
- Prepare, proofread and distributing routine reports.
- Processes invoices and prepare expense reports.
- Prepare general correspondence, faxes, and photocopying.
- Track and verifies data using a variety of software to conduct data entry and sorting of information.
- Conduct internet searches as directed.
- Create/assist in the creation of presentation materials, PowerPoint slides and drafts technical documents as needed.
- Manipulate Excel spreadsheets into different sorts and formats and work with Word, Power Point documents as directed.
- Gather, collect, record, track and verify relatively complex data and information from multiple sources.
- Liaise with external agencies or organizations to coordinate activities which are important to the function of the department.
- Work in close coordination with the Policy project manager for calendaring and providing on-site support.
- In addition to the Administrative Coordinator responsibilities, the successful candidate will provide administrative support to the department's interview process, which includes:
- Schedule interviews, which may include travel arrangements for non-local candidates. Meet and greet candidates.
- Creating and distributing agendas; collecting assessment forms and making travel arrangements.
- Organize and schedule extra-department meetings.
- With increased travel to the Foster City campus and more on-site meetings, this role will require physical support for escorting, setting up meetings, troubleshooting IT, organizing lunches, etc.
- Able to provide coverage for SGA, FGA and GA+P administrative assistants and project managers, as well as cross functional admins, as needed.
Key competencies for the role:
- Possesses excellent attention to detail, verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to works under limited supervision and may receive general direction on new lines of work or special assignments.
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills of technical documents.
- Adaptable, flexible, quick learner.
- Possesses excellent attention to detail, verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.; ability to act quickly and independently as needed.
- Experienced in filing/document manager and control.
- Proven organizational skill is required.
- Experienced in, and comfortable dealing with, high level executives and others in a professional manner.
- Proven ability to plan, coordinate, and implement large number of events, including catering, of various types and sizes, such as department meetings, team building events and other meetings.
- Ability to multi task.
Education and Experience:
- Communication: Possess strong commitment to the team amongst a high functioning team of 25 individuals around the world with the ability to contribute and follow leadership directives at appropriate times.
- Problem Solving: Able to prioritize and operate proactively by reaching out and asking questions and directions when needed, but also able to evaluate options and generate solutions quickly.
- Teamwork: Providing a full range of administrative support, as needed and routinely, for a large team, including visitors - internal and external.
- Adaptability: Requires flexibility around work hours to support team members in EST/Europe time zones.
- Customer service: Proactively helpful and supportive to all stakeholders. Can do attitude. Solutions oriented, while providing clear justifications. Work under minimal supervision.
- Time Management: Effectively prioritize workload and independently resolve conflicts related to meeting multiple deadlines. Efficiently manage multiple adhoc projects of various sizes, while delivering results within timeline.
- Integrity: Demonstrated professionalism to discretely handle confidential material.
- Requires a minimum of a high school diploma plus 2+ years administrative experience, or 1+ Years administrative experience with an Associate's Degree.
- Flexibility for Europe and east coast time-zone working hours is required.
- Expectation is on site for this role.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of administrative and office policies and procedures.
- Proven Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- 4+ years administrative experience in a large multinational organization is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience working with Global teams is preferred.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, and Singapore employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.