DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using enzymatic DNA synthesis (EDS) technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through the decentralization of rapid, on demand and high-quality DNA synthesis. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for customizing nucleic acid synthesis thus accelerating discovery in genetics, genomics, and synthetic biology. Discovery disciplines with profound impacts upon humanity such as biopharma, translational genetics and even molecular information storage all start with synthetic DNA. The company has recently initiated the commercialization of its first EDS powered platform, the SYNTAX system.
To date, DNA Script has raised over $315M of financing, with leading investors such as Coatue Management, Fidelity Management and Research, Catalio Capital Management, Casdin Capital, LSP, Bpifrance Large Ventures, Danaher, Illumina Ventures, Agilent, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Kurma Partners, T Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and Eurazeo.
DNA Script also partners on technology and product development with leading organizations such as DARPA, IARPA, Moderna Therapeutics, GE Research, Illumina, the Broad Institute, Harvard University, Institut Pasteur and the French Department of Defense.
DNA Script has its research and manufacturing facilities headquartered in Paris, France, and is in the process of expanding its commercial and development teams in South San Francisco.
Opportunity and Challenges :
We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionately eager people. We want to gather their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of “DNA-write.” We offer the opportunity of joining a dynamic, international, and highly skilled team in a pioneering startup. Our DNA On Demand platform not only has the potential to change the way the world makes and uses synthetic DNA, but also to accelerate the rate of discovery by delivering upon the promise of same-day results.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and to have a large impact on developing a technology that will have far-reaching impacts across biological sciences.
We are looking for an experienced Talent Acquisition professional (Biotechnology) to join DNA Script’s Human Resources team. As the TA Manager -US (Biotechnology), you will spearhead the company’s hiring activities in the United States, for both scientific and non-scientific positions. You will be responsible for continuous improvements to the recruitment process positions and filling open headcount with top talent. The TA Manager – US will maintain relationships with operational teams, candidates, and recruiting firms. Your ability to deeply understand the company’s operational needs as well as its overall strategy will help you find the best talent to support the company’s growth. You will report to the Talent Acquisition Lead based in France.
- Assist with defining and continuously improving the hiring process
- Train and support US hiring managers in the end-to-end hiring process including interview design, sourcing strategy, and scorecards within Greenhouse through an alignment process
- Monitor hiring process and report on interview progress
- Source candidates through all necessary channels, including through direct approach and through headhunters
- Build a talent pool
- Manage recruitment vendor relationships and contracts
- Interview all US candidates
- Responsible for maintaining best-in-class US applicant experience and compliance
- Design compensation offers
- Define and execute US DNA Script recruitment branding strategy
- Manage and update current employee referral program to include US employee training on best practices and approach
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities
Reporting & Tools
- Lead weekly US hiring reviews and report on KPIs
- Maintain US data integrity of Greenhouse
Qualifications and experience
- At least 5 years of experience as a Talent Acquisition Specialist for scientific and/or technical positions
- Ability to understand the company’s market, product, technology, and operational needs
- Ability to engage and develop relationships with learning institutions and professional organizations
- Demonstrated experience with direct approach and headhunters
- Demonstrated experience with US hiring
- Excellent rigor and attention to details
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and reporting skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage expectations to deliver on time
- Knowledge of US labor laws and hiring practices
- Experience working with an ATS (preferably Greenhouse)
- Experience in biotechnology or life science
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Experience in recruitment branding
- Job located in South San Francisco
- This position requires travel to the Paris, France from time to time
- Start date: ASAP