DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using enzymatic DNA synthesis (EDS) technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through the decentralization of rapid, on demand and high-quality DNA synthesis. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for customizing nucleic acid synthesis thus accelerating discovery in genetics, genomics, and synthetic biology. Discovery disciplines with profound impacts upon humanity such as biopharma, translational genetics and even molecular information storage all start with synthetic DNA. The company has recently initiated the commercialization of its first EDS powered platform, the SYNTAX system.
To date, DNA Script has raised over $315M of financing, with leading investors such as Coatue Management, Fidelity Management and Research, Catalio Capital Management, Casdin Capital, LSP, Bpifrance Large Ventures, Danaher, Illumina Ventures, Agilent, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Kurma Partners, T Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and Eurazeo.
DNA Script also partners on technology and product development with leading organizations such as DARPA, IARPA, Moderna Therapeutics, GE Research, Illumina, the Broad Institute, Harvard University, Institut Pasteur and the French Department of Defense.
DNA Script has its research and manufacturing facilities headquartered in Paris, France, and is in the process of expanding its commercial and development teams in South San Francisco.
Opportunity and Challenges :
We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionately eager people. We want to gather their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of “DNA-write.” We offer the opportunity of joining a dynamic, international, and highly skilled team in a pioneering startup. Our DNA On Demand platform not only has the potential to change the way the world makes and uses synthetic DNA, but also to accelerate the rate of discovery by delivering upon the promise of same-day results.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and to have a large impact on developing a technology that will have far-reaching impacts across biological sciences.
- Design and develop assays directed at qualifying DNA synthesis quality leveraging PCR and/or qPCR.
- Contribute to/lead the design of synthesis controls which can be assayed within 24hours.
- Carry out experiments and various tasks related to the validation of SYNTAX instrumentation.
- Perform routine quality control tests of synthesized DNA: spectrophotometry, gel electrophoresis, fluorescence imaging, DNA quantitation, qPCR and NGS.
- Perform reagents quality and stability studies as needed.
- Prepare and revise the work instructions and reports as required.
- Develop, optimize, validate, and troubleshoot analytical test methods.
- Perform fluorescence labeling of DNA samples (end-labeling), order and maintain nucleotide solutions and precursors.
- Design and perform experiments supporting the creation of application notes and marketing collateral.
- Work closely with team members to improve quality and performance of the synthesis system
- Interface and assist with hardware engineering as needed to improve and extend DNA synthesis capabilities
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in molecular biology, chemistry, biochemistry, or related field.
- 2 to 4 years of experience working in an Academic research or Life Sciences R&D organization.
- Knowledge of molecular biological techniques for handling and manipulating DNA samples.
- Prior experience in qPCR, NGS library preparation, sequencing, and utilizing automated systems.
- Strong documentation skills and ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, utilizing Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative in problem solving.
- Proficient in data analysis and interpretation.
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Strong analytical mindset, detail oriented, and adept using Microsoft Excel or other tools to communicate and present data.
- Past experience involving primer, probe (Fluorescent label) design for qPCR.
- Versatile and adaptable to new methods, technologies, and approaches.
- Prior experience with library-preparation and next-generation sequencing.
- Experience in high-throughput experimental formats, such as 96-well and 384 well-formats.
- Relevant experience working in a GMP/GLP environment
- Proactive, solutions-focused
- Self-motivated and passionate.
- Comfortable to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Job located in South San Francisco
- Start date: Q2 2022.