At InterVenn, we believe no one should be blindsided by disease. Our technology enables and empowers the understanding of Glycoproteomics, a new clinical layer of biology beyond the genome, using a simple blood draw. InterVenn’s powerful solutions will broaden humankinds’ perception and interpretation of diseases like cancer. We look forward to having new members join our team who have diverse perspectives and backgrounds, challenge the status quo, and are solution oriented. If this is you, read-on and apply. Together, maybe we can change the world.
InterVenn Biosciences is seeking talented, experienced and self-driven proteomics/glycoproteomics experts to join our highly collaborative and supportive team. The desired candidates would have experience in the field of mass spectrometry- based proteomics/glycoproteomics, especially in proteomics/glycoproteomics data analysis. Their work will enable qualitative and quantitative epi- proteomics workflow development for innovative biomarker discovery.
- Lead laboratory operations in development of sample preparation, peptide separation methods, data analysis and interpretation, glycoproteomic technology evaluation, glycoproteomic software evaluation.
- Collaborate with the data science team to discover, develop and implement innovative proteomic capabilities for our biomarker discovery platform.
- Troubleshoot and improve existing MS-glycoproteomics data processing software.
- Build, organize, curate, and maintain proprietary glycoproteomics/glycopeptide/glycan library.
- Align and collaborate with project managers, computational biologists and software development project leads across the biomarker discovery project portfolio.
- Oversee mass spectrometry instrumentation operation, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Train and supervise new analysts in glycoprotein mass spectrometry workflows
- Manage multiple projects within timelines according to high scientific and ethical standards.
- Promote a culture of transparency and traceability across all aspects of laboratory operations.
- Maintain keen awareness of new technology developments and actively assess and evaluate, and, as appropriate, adapt them.
- Ph.D. in biological sciences, chemistry or analytical chemistry or related discipline.
- 4+ years of experience in applied mass spectrometry-based proteomics is required. Experience in glycoproteomics is preferred.
- Industry experience and oncology training is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge and application of complex sample preparation methodologies as applied to protein mass spectrometry workflows, implementing quantitative mass spectrometry-based strategies including label-free analyses (DIA, PRM/SRM) methods.
- Extensive experience in relevant methodologies including feature discovery, protein post-translational modification identification, glycome and glycoproteome analyses is required.
- Experience and knowledge in the operation and maintenance of different types of mass spectrometers, especially high resolution mass spectrometers (Orbitrap or qTOF)
- Applied knowledge with MS software analysis pipelines
- Familiarity with regulatory guidelines on bioanalysis is a plus.
- Up to date with technology trends, interested in learning and developing novel data solutions and applications.
- Strong and collaborative work ethic; must be a self-starter and persistent in achieving goals.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Proven record of being a fast learner, and a flexible and mindful team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to InterVenn’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at InterVenn.