GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com
The Senior Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) will provide strategic and day-to-day operational leadership on all global equity, diversity and inclusion policies, programs and practices for the organization. The Senior Director will be a trusted partner to senior leaders, associates, DEI groups, Talent Acquisition and the communications team for strategy, program launch and implementing initiatives to ensure the optimal attraction, development and retention of diverse talent and infusing DEI principles and practices into our outreach. In this highly collaborative role, the Senior Director will play a critical central role in developing, driving and communicating a holistic DEI strategy at the company.Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Create the design, implementation and leadership of specific Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) programs and initiatives
- Form new coalitions, scale out interview and diversity training that build out our DEI initiatives from scratch and scaling it as the strategies evolve
- Drive leadership awareness, commitment and accountability for DEI initiatives
- Act as the DEI subject matter expert to support DEI related coaching, strategic direction, and program implementation across GRAIL
- Partner with Communications to communicate DEI initiatives and messaging
- Work with leaders across the company to embed Diversity, Equity and Inclusion into all associate life touch points, acting as the subject matter expert on all matters DEI, and being accountable for the evolution of our DEI strategy
- Partner and help advise the Employee Resource Groups and operations leadership to apply DEI principles to our programs and training & development
- Measure, track and analyze the effectiveness of DEI initiatives to report on progress and identify opportunities for future areas of focus
- Be a Talent Attractor and help leadership and GRAIL Employees learn to become talent attractors
- 10-15 years’ experience creating, implementing and leading Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) strategies in global organizations
- Previously experience implementing a DEI program from scratch preferred
- Demonstrated experience translating vision to strategy and delivering against the plan (this includes experience working with the Executive Leadership Team, ERG’s, Talent Acquisition and Communications/Marketing)
- Experience leveraging internal and external data and analytics to develop insights and drive data driven decisions
- Ability to manage relationships throughout the organization, coordinating time and resources according to shifting priorities
- Bachelor's Degree or higher preferred
Ideal location is Menlo Park (we have a hybrid work environment - couple days in office, couple of days from home). We may consider a remote candidate with travel with significant experience creating leading edge DEI programs.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine and “Up to Date” with any recommended booster. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered; "Up to Date" means having timely received any COVID-19 vaccine booster(s) in accordance with CDC guidelines. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.