Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Project Management, the Project Manager is responsible for leading a project(s) in support of Medical Countermeasures (MCM) Product management. involving cross-functional teams with responsibility on the successful completion of new or existing projects. The successful candidate is responsible for holding the cross functional project teams accountable for tactical execution of schedule and budget, while integrating all operations aligned with a cohesive strategy managed by the Product Leader. This will include independently developing plans and direction of schedules, and monitoring budgets and spending. In addition, the Project Manager will independently plan and monitor the project/program from initiation through completion.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Depending on Product Management goals/ requirements, a Project Manager can perform the following:
- Manages single or multiple Product Management projects with varied degree of complexity (i.e., Launch, life cycle management, CMC), with minimal direction
- Works closely with the Product lead(s) for the tactical project management execution of the project(s) within MCM Product Management.
- In conjunction with the Product Lead(s), manages monthly and quarterly project reports (i.e., responsible for gathering all relevant information/updates from stakeholders and collating and providing in a professional cohesive standard format).
- Supports Product Lead in presenting to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides oversight of project vendors and their deliverables.
- Responsible for leading project team meetings and ensures minutes, action items, decisions are documented and follow-ups with stakeholders occur as needed.
- Responsible for establishing strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to provide leadership and plan and align effectively while motivating cross-functional teams.
- Utilizes key project files and product sites, (e.g., MS Teams files: budget trackers, risk logs, Gantt files, RACIs, decision logs) to ensure project progress is communicated to project team and relevant stakeholders.
- In conjunction with the Product Lead, manage the contractual, technical and financial requirements of each project and determines method and procedures for implementation.
- Monitor and manage day-to-day aspects of project scope, including cross-functional status, regular meetings, as well as review and evaluate deliverables prepared by the cross-functional team(s).
- Responsible for leading communication and timely deliverables to the sponsor/client in conjunction with the Product Lead and ensure the resolution of complex scope issues.
- Work independently to lead proactive cross-functional risk identification, evaluation, development and implementation of risk mitigation strategies.
- Monitor the scope of the projects and identify and report on potential changes that may have an impact to quality, time or cost.
- Manage and monitor project budgets and/or revenues, including working in conjunction with the Product Lead and Financial Business partner for project(s) reforecasting, and review of financial reports to identify and report any variances.
- Responsible to provide regular updates and recommendations on the project status, timelines, milestones status, shifting priorities, mitigation plans for identified delays or risks, and changes in project scope and project financials.
- MCM Product Management
- Supports Product Lead in preparing reports and presentations to senior leadership
- Supports Sr. Dir as assigned (i.e., Support new processes, analysis/reporting)
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
Minimum Education, Experience & Skills
The qualified candidate will:
- Have a college degree in the biological sciences or business-related field, Masters or above preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years Project Management and 1-3 years of relevant technical experience in Pharmaceuticals or Biotechnology environment (i.e., Pre-clinical, Clinical research nonclinical studies, early, late or commercial product experience is required).
- Earned value management experience is ideal and PMP is preferred
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, & Word). Any experience with scheduling software (e.g., Smartsheet) or Power BI is a plus.
- Emotional Intelligence Abilities
- Active listening skills, reflective, self-aware and confident
- Have good cross-cultural awareness to work autonomously
- Communicates effectively (across all domains: oral, non-verbal and written)
- Able to adapt to the demands of the project or situation
- Collaborates effectively, balances stakeholders and is organizationally savvy (able to comfortably maneuver through complex policies, processes or organizational dynamics)
- Able to receive, provide feedback and ask meaningful questions
- Plans, provides critical analysis of gaps or disconnects to ensures alignment across teams.
- Drives results consistently to ensure goals are met and drives ahead in the presences of challenges or setbacks with a positive & productive attitude.
- Able to adapt in real time to the shifting demands of different situations and optimize work
Successful applicants for this position that are required to be onsite at any Emergent site at any time, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to legally required exemptions.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.