Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The HVAC/R Craftworker is primarily responsible for Corrective and Preventative Maintenance of the HVA, Refrigeration, and CTU systems; and the Operation and monitoring of the HVA systems, chillers, cooling towers, and humidification systems. Develop HVAC/R improvements, resolve issues with air balancing, temperature, and humidity conditions. Provide technical support to air balancing, BSC and HEPA certification, and Engineering projects. Comply with cGMP/GDP requirements and applicable codes and EPA guidelines.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Perform Corrective and Preventative maintenance work on HVAC/R systems (HVAC, Chillers, Cooling Towers, Humidifiers, Dryers, Refrigerators, Freezers, Incubators, and Cryogenic units)
• Suggests improvement possibilities and problem resolution to HVAC/R systems
• Performs technical and administrative updates to preventive maintenance plan
• Maintain a current and detailed knowledge of cGMP, HVAC/R equipment, the critical performance criteria, and impact
• Participate in air balancing and HEPA certification
• Participate in special projects as assigned by management
• Seek ways to increase operational efficiency
• Will have the proper training to perform various SAP maintenance functions, and participate on: Deviations, CAPAs, and Change Control and SOP revisions
• Obtain and maintains training requirements
• Provide technical support for engineering projects within their functional area
• Assists other trades as required
• Monitors HVA systems on EMS/BMS
• Performs amperage measuring in support of HVAC/R and other team equipment
• Perform vibration monitoring, Infra-Red thermography, and water testing in support of HVAC/R and other team equipment
• Reports all refrigerants used, lost, or recovered in accordance with EPA guidelines
• Provide set-up and logistical support for VIP visits and on campus corporate functions
• Perform campus snow removal and lawn and landscaping maintenance as required
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• HS Diploma/GED
• 5 years of experience in the HVAC/Refrigeration field
• Must have a Universal Refrigeration license in HVAC/R
• 5 years of general maintenance experience is required
• Prior cGMP experience is strongly preferred
• Prior experience with SAP preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Word, and Excel. Excellent organization and communication skills. Project management skills are essential
• Must have the ability to multi-task and coordinate workload by priority
• Must be customer service and quality driven
• HVAC/R Craftworker is on call for after-hours emergencies
• Must comply with all rules and regulations of Emergent and the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. This includes FDA regulations such as cGMP, GDO, EH&S regulations, and company regulations such as the employee handbook
Successful applicants for this position that are required to be onsite at any Emergent site at any time, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to legally required exemptions.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.