Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I: Job Summary
The tax manager will support and manage all the US tax compliance needs of the Company, which includes working with any external service providers (with the goal of bringing compliance in house) in the preparation/review of tax returns. This position will provide accounting for income taxes support/expertise for all tax related disclosures/reconciliations for the Company’s financial statements. The tax manager will also assist with tax process improvements, SOX documentation and M&A integration.
• Assist with the preparation and review of global quarterly and annual income tax provision to ensure compliance with ASC 740, including assistance with preparation of tax reporting disclosures for 10-Q and 10-K
• Review and ensure technical accuracy of tax account rollforwards, deferred tax balances, effective tax rate reconciliation, return-to-provision calculation, and valuation allowance analysis
• Leverage tax provision software to streamline and improve the tax accounting process
• Mentor and train staff
• Work with outside accounting firm to prepare, review and file all US federal, state and local income tax returns (includes preparation of all auditable workpapers)
• Monitor tax accounting rules and income tax laws to proactively identify issues and propose resolutions
• Research and prepare documentation for new or unusual transactions in US tax returns
• Prepare annual and quarterly R&D tax credit calculations and studies
• Ensure all required returns, reports, and payments are timely filed and appropriately documented
• Assist with all federal and state income tax audits and respond to notices
• Assist in the development of tax planning initiatives/strategies to ensure the most effective tax position
• Prepare/Review Company’s quarterly estimated taxes
• Assist with tax-related SOX documentation
• Perform other duties as required (including assisting finance with non-tax projects)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
III: Education, Experience & Skills
• BS, Accounting required; MBA or Master of Tax preferred
• CPA strongly desired
• 5-10 years of large corporate or Big Four tax experience; experience in global tax provisions and other tax activities required
• Advanced Excel skills required
• SAP and OneSource Tax Provision Income Tax Software experience required
• Strong Communication and interpersonal skills
• A focus on value creation and a passion for tax
• Is highly organized and able to handle multiple priorities at any given point in time.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills; detail oriented.
• Proven ability to see work through to completion and deliver results under difficult conditions.
• Ability to process information through a strategic lens and apply advanced principles in designing and developing new processes.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals with qualifying medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that may prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.