Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I: Job Summary
The Associate Metrology Specialist applies knowledge of measurement science, mathematics, physics and electronics to calibrate instrumentation associated with plant and process equipment, ensuring accuracy of pressure, temperature, time, dimensional and other measurements. The metrologist will adapt equipment, standards and procedures to accomplish unique measurements. They will use electronic and hard copy systems to maintain detailed records of calibrations and conduct metrology-related administration.
II: Responsibilities (Include key responsibilities only. This should not be an all-encompassing list)
• Displays Emergent Core Values of Respect, Commitment, Empowerment, Communication and Innovation continually. Team Oriented.
• Coordinates and schedules calibration activities using the SAP Enterprise System. (database)
• Maintains detailed records of calibration activities.
• Performs calibration of instrumentation necessary for maintaining production equipment, laboratory equipment and other auxiliary measurement systems.
• With assistance, directs calibration activities of outside calibration vendors.
• With assistance, coordinates shipping of instruments for outside calibration.
• With assistance and in communication with the purchasing and accounting groups, uses the SAP system to create purchase orders and to track invoices to ensure timely payment of vendors.
• Assists in qualification of equipment / facilities as needed.
• Assists in maintenance and troubleshooting of programmable logic controllers and process/environmental monitoring systems.
• Establishes procedures and maintains existing procedures with supervision.
• Problem Solving Mindset.
• Adapts to the needs of customers and understands production support.
• Familiar with and demonstrates GMP/GXP/GLP and the importance of data integrity.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
III: Education, Experience & Skills
• Bachelors degree in Engineering with >1 year experience / related discipline or High School diploma with >3 years experience/Prior Military or Trades Schooling
• Experience in industrial/pharmaceutical metrology/instrumentation & controls setting preferred
• Basic knowledge of electrical systems/electronics and instrumentation systems required
• Detailed knowledge of calibration procedures and basic knowledge of programmable logic controllers is preferred
• SAP experience strongly preferred/Blue Mountain/ProCal/MetCal
• Must possess the ability to schedule many varied tasks and track them to completion.
**Requires vaccination against different viruses including Vaccinia virus after health prescreen.**
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals with qualifying medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that may prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.