Manager: Director, Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
Location: Brisbane, CA or Remote
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. Using its deep scientific expertise and proprietary zinc finger genome engineering technology, Sangamo is working to create genomic cures for patients suffering from severe genetic diseases for which today’s medicines can only treat symptoms. At Sangamo, we are passionate about transforming lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
Sangamo Therapeutics is seeking a Recruiting Consultant to partner with our Talent Acquisition team and bring in top talent. This is a critical role that will primarily focus on building out the G&A teams but will also assist with securing talent for other roles across the company (Research, Development, and Technical Operations). We are seeking an experienced Recruiting Consultant who is committed to working collaboratively with hiring managers and the HR Team to find diverse and high-performing talent plus differentiate the Sangamo recruiting experience for candidates. This will be a 6-month assignment.
- Provide efficient, fast-paced full-cycle recruiting operations that support company's growth plans with focus on providing a great candidate experience. Will be responsible for recruiting both direct placement, full-time employees and contingent workers.
- Quickly establish strong partnerships with assigned client groups.
- Strategically source candidates and utilize preferred agencies as needed to quickly fill roles.
- Be an active member of the Talent Acquisition Team and collaborate on providing top customer service and improvements to the talent acquisition process.
- Assist on projects to ensure Talent Acquisition and Human Resources teams achieve objectives.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree preferred - or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of full lifecycle recruiting experience in the Life Science, Biotech, Pharma industries
- Demonstrated experience delivering consistent, high quality recruiting results in a fast-paced environment
- Corporate/in-house recruiting experience required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about the candidate experience and committed to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Innovative, creative, and flexible – demonstrated ability to seek out and identify talent in many different ways
- Strong experience with LinkedIn and ATSs, Paycor ATS experience a plus
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, especially Outlook and Excel
- Experience achieving objectives and utilizing resources in a remote work environment during the pandemic and as we return to the office, experience with Zoom is a plus
- Preference is for local candidates but will be open to remote consultants. Local candidates must be available to be onsite at Brisbane facility 1 to 2 days per week as needed for candidate, hiring manager, and team connections
- Ability to occasionally travel to Point Richmond office for HR team members (estimate 1 per quarter)
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
Sangamo is committed to fostering belonging for all employees and embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion in recruiting and hiring. All qualified applicants for employment are encouraged to apply and will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws
Commitment to Safety
Sangamo requires all U.S. workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Sangamo, and it applies regardless of location or classification of role. If you are unable to receive the vaccine & booster, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable laws.
Note to External Recruiters: We do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than from the candidates themselves.