Inflammatix, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Principal Scientist to lead and drive key aspects of our mission to develop our molecular in-vitro diagnostic (IVD) assay and device. This role is laboratory-based and requires exceptional attention to detail for the meticulous execution and analysis of complex quantitative molecular experiments. The role’s primary focus will be development of automated RNA extraction and isothermal amplification methods for rapid gene expression analysis on a molecular diagnostic device.
- Work under the Director of Assay R&D, conceives, plans and conducts advanced independent Research/Development experiments from project inception through product launch, defining project milestones and applying advanced scientific knowledge to complete projects
- Designs experiments to test and analyzes and interprets data/results. Develop protocols, test methods, and other applications-based material for internal and external use
- Recommends new or creative approaches, and/or expansion or curtailment of investigations based on experimental data or new scientific information arising from area of responsibility
- Participates in project planning, process updates, and experimental design
- Accurately and consistently records experimental methods, materials and results in electronic laboratory notebooks. Analyzes data, evaluates results, forms conclusions, and determines future experiments
- Presents findings or comprehensive project status reviews at internal seminars/meetings. Applies advanced technical writing to produce reports and documents. Prepares summaries, internal reports, presentations etc.
- Serves as an expert resource to other departments (e.g., Engineering, Machine Learning, Computational Biology, Manufacturing/Operations, Quality, Marketing, and Regulatory Affairs), provides timely response and follow-ups
- Participates in the expeditious transfer of products and technologies by providing scientific knowledge and assistance
- Provides technical advice/guidance to junior scientific staff in Assay R&D and serves as a role model
- PhD. in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related field with a minimum of 5 years of hands-on industrial experience in R&D, MS in Molecular Biology or related field with a minimum of 12 years of hands-on industrial experience in R&D
- Demonstrated track record for product development
- In-depth knowledge of a broad range of molecular biology techniques such as various PCR techniques, library preparation, hybridization technologies, nucleic acid isolation and manipulation
- Expert and hands-on experience in diagnostic molecular methods with expertise in technologies including qRT-PCR and/or loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) is (Preferred)
- Hands-on experience with RNA and DNA sample preparation, genomics, and a wide variety of nucleic acid protocols
- Familiarity with the process of obtaining CE-IVD and/or FDA clearance/approval of In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) products, preferably in molecular diagnostics
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated self-motivation, problem solving ability, organizational skills, and detail-oriented quality
- Capable of prioritizing and executing on multiple projects
- Experience with mentorship or management of other team members
COMPENSATION AND CLASSIFICATION:
- Classification: Full-time
- Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experience; includes equity package
- Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision; 401(k) and more
- Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Inflammatix requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 (subject to any legally protected exemptions). For travel, Inflammatix requires compliance with all applicable local and national health and safety guidelines.
Inflammatix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions and breastfeeding, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, registered domestic partner status, military and veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Notice to Agencies:
Our internal Talent Acquisition Team manages all career opportunities. Agencies and independent recruiters must be approved as a vendor by the Legal and Talent Acquisition teams at Inflammatix before submitting candidates (for any current or future positions) to any employee of Inflammatix. We do not accept unsolicited resumes or profiles from agencies or independent recruiters under any circumstances. Inflammatix will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume or profile. Please do not contact Inflammatix employees directly. Compliance with this request will impact our decision to engage or work with you or your agency and/or representatives in the future.