GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com
GRAIL is seeking a Research Associate II for the LabOps Manufacturing Sciences and Technology team (MSAT), who will be primarily responsible for manufacturing reagents and associated tasks to support GRAIL’s Clinical and R&D laboratory workflows. The ideal candidate is a meticulous, outstanding teammate with hands-on laboratory experience. The candidate will be encouraged to partner with many functions of our organization - Automation, Product Development, LIMS, Quality, and Clinical Lab - to identify system limitations, implement process improvements, write documentation, and be instrumental in the day to day operations of the GRAIL laboratories.You will:
Your qualifications and background will include:
- Execute on high complexity manufacturing and testing of in-house prepared and externally acquired reagentsExecute on forecasted R&D and Clinical Lab experiments ranging from reagent evaluation and qualification to general data generation activities
- Execute on automated and manual sample preparation and NGS assaysSupport investigations and root cause analysis for OOS materials.
- Operate laboratory instruments and equipment according to standard operating procedures.
- Become a specialist in the materials used in the current production assaysBe responsible for accurately recording work performed per GDPReport instrument / equipment issues to senior team members.
- Ensure laboratory activities are performed in compliance with procedures and safety guidelines when handling, storing and disposing of hazardous or bio-hazardous materials
- B.S required in a relevant field
- Experience in manufacturing, quality control or other relevant field with a minimum of 3 years with a Bachelor's Degree or 0-2 years of experience with a Master's Degree required.
- 1+ years of experience in Next Generation Sequencing assays and workflows is preferred.
- Experience with Automated sample preparation workflows is a plusFamiliarity with basic molecular biology laboratory techniques including but not limited to (e.g. pipetting, SPRI, PCR, qPCR)Familiarity with nucleic acids extraction techniques and quantification devices (e.g., Nanodrop, Bioanalyzer, Fragment Analyzer, ddPCR) is a plus
- Excellent partnership and teamwork skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skillsSelf-directed, innovative, and creative problem solverGeneral digital literacy and proficiency in GSuite
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine and “Up to Date” with any recommended booster. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered; "Up to Date" means having timely received any COVID-19 vaccine booster(s) in accordance with CDC guidelines. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.