Pfizer now offering $4,000.00 SIGN ON BONUS for successful hires through August 31.Role Summary
The Instrumentation Tech III performs calibrations, repairs, complex troubleshooting, assists in redesign, enhancement of Instruments, and associated mechanical, electrical, and computerized systems. This person adheres to instrument calibration procedures and completes instrument calibration records. The incumbent performs as a technical resource for other plant maintenance organizations. Role Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair instrumentation breakdowns in a prompt, skillful manner
- Read PID and process diagrams; as well as, analog loop, instrumentation, and electronic circuit diagrams.
- Troubleshoot and Repair PLC based process controls, basic AC and DC electronic circuits, diagnose and repair machine breakdowns in a prompt skillful manner, to minimize instrument/equipment downtime.
- Prioritize instrument/equipment downtime issues.
- Coordinate maintenance and calibration activities to prevent unnecessary downtime.
- Use electrical testing equipment including multi-meters, oscilloscopes, signal generators, loop calibrators, and power supplies in a safe manner.
- Make recommendations regarding improvements to instrument/equipment performance.
- Perform calibrations of production, lab, and/or facility instrument/equipment without supervision.
- Implement design enhancements that increase reliability of instrument/equipment.
- Professionally interface with manufacturing, laboratory, validation, maintenance, and management colleagues.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required
- Required: High school/GED with manufacturing plant maintenance/shop experience –or- an AS/AA or BS/BA degree (or equivalent) in a technical field may also be considered in lieu of experience. Must have knowledge of general trades: i.e. electrical/electronic and mechanical.
- Preferred: 1-2 years of experience with an AS or Technical degree or certificate program –or- BS degree with no experience.
- Instrumentation Tech III certification requires successful completion of an instrumentation skills test after 3 months on the job.
- Excellent communications skills using the English language.
- Ability to complete Instrumentation Calibration Records in Computerized Calibration Management System.
- Ability to read, write, and develop Instrument Calibration and Preventative Maintenance procedures
- Knowledge of AC/DC electrical theory, methods of measurement (metrology) as pertains to calibration of process, lab, and facilities instrumentation/equipment, and electrical power equipment (primarily low voltage), including transformers, breakers, bus ducts, and motor control centers (MCC).
- Ensures adherence to all plant safety rules in area of responsibility.
- Mathematical calculations as relates to calibration and troubleshooting.
- Must have accomplished knowledge in 6 of the following areas with concentrated knowledge in 4:
- --Electronic control systems
- --Pneumatic control systems
- --Calibration systems
- --HVAC/refrigeration systems
- --Welding (SS)/high purity systems
- --Machining systems
- --Electro-mechanical systems
- --Fluid systems
- --Computer systems
- --Controls/PLC Systems
Physical/mental requirements include: Lifting (up to 50 pounds), sitting, standing, walking, bending, climbing ladders, ability to perform mathematical calculations as related to problem solving and troubleshooting components, ability to perform complex data analysis, and ability to perform computer data entry. Incumbent must be fit tested, maintain physical conditions and be required to wear proper PPE/environmental gowning as required. Must adhere to safe work practices. Train on all required procedures and qualify for aseptic gowning. .
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Non-Standard Work Schedule or Environment Requirements include: This role is a 12-hour night shift role, 7pm - 7am, on a rotating 3/2/2/3 schedule. Must be able to work overtime as required including weekends, off-shift, staggered-shift, holidays, shutdowns, projects, and as required. Must be available for on-call work as needed.
Other Job Details:
• Last Date to Apply for Job: August 10, 2022
• Eligible for Relocation Package: No
• Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: Yes
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.