Your work will focus on mapping protein interactions and signaling networks for complex biological problems on cross-disciplinary projects.
This role is an excellent opportunity to learn a number of valuable, cutting-edge techniques in cell and molecular biology, as well as proteomics, while working with a dynamic and interdisciplinary research team. You will generate and characterize cell lines expressing affinity-tagged proteins of interest, perform affinity purifications, and proximity labeling of proteins and their interactors for mass spectrometry analysis. The candidate will also have the opportunity to develop and implement new protocols for mass spectrometry-based proteomics experiments.
The Krogan Lab (http://kroganlab.ucsf.edu) is a highly dynamic and collaborative laboratory focusing on the molecular networks underpinning infectious disease, carcinogenesis and neurological disorders.
Candidate’s CV and/or cover letter must state required qualifications (or if pending) upon submission. Candidates must meet all Required Qualifications by the time of hire.
• Jr. Specialist rank: Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences or an appropriate scientific field.
• Assistant/Associate Rank: Master’s degree, or Bachelor’s degree and 5-10 years of work experience in biological sciences or an appropriate scientific field.
• Experience in the essential molecular biology techniques of molecular cloning, PCR, and western blotting.
• Experience in cell/tissue culture.
• Able to work independently and meet deadlines; recognize and resolve problems while maintaining a high level of organization.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills to interface with the team to review and analyze the results.
• Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Experience generating new cell lines and characterizing them.
• Experience transfection or viral transduction.
• Experience with affinity purifications of proteins.
• Experience with Immunoprecipitation.
• Experience in preparation for samples for mass spectrometric analysis.
• Experience in Fluorescence microscopy.
• Experience with mass spectrometry data.
• Experience with managing large datasets and/or databases.
• Experience with statistical data analysis.
To apply, please submit a CV, cover letter, and the contact information for 2 references to https://apptrkr.com/3280741.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.