Medicago: A history of innovation and perseverance
We started our journey with one objective: to help protect human life and today, we are a global leader in developing and producing plant-based vaccines and therapeutics.
Under the supervision of the Senior Director Manufacturing and Science technology (MS&T), the Director Biomass Production is responsible for carrying out activities related to the scaling up and optimization of biomass production and infiltration. He/She also oversees the design and commissioning tasks for the biomass production activities (from seeding to harvest) of the Medicago commercial facility in Quebec City. He/She is responsible for directing internal and external research programs to better understand the impact of growth and incubation conditions on the expression of therapeutic proteins in plants. He/She works in close collaboration with the various sectors of activity towards the achievement of corporate objectives.
What your days would look like:
- Act as subject matter expert for the selection of greenhouse production and upstream production technologies (from seeding to harvest) and oversee the implementation of technologies at both commercial and pilot scales, and at the new plant in Quebec
- Identify key process parameters for plant growth, infiltration, expression, and harvest.
- Manage the different teams in their sector of activity and intervene as an expert in the problem-solving process.
- Develop team’s and manager’s roles and responsibilities.
- Determine the risks and opportunities related to new technologies.
- Ensure proper definition and adherence to user specifications and biosafety standards.
- Support the validation and licensing phase of biomass production technologies, as needed.
- Master's Degree, preferably in Plant Biology
- Member of a Canadian Institute of Agrologists (desirable)
- 10-15 years of experience in similar functions
- Thorough understanding of greenhouse horticultural production
- Good communicator
- Experience in experimental design and statistical analysis is an asset
- GMP experience in the pharmaceutical industry and/or Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) is an asset
- Experience in management and personnel supervision
- Advanced level (oral and written) of English
- Intermediate level (oral and written) of French
- Hybrid schedule: available to work on-site when needed
Medicago is changing the game!
Our Vision: Medicago envisions a world that is prepared to face any disease
Our Mission: To create and deliver effective responses to new global health challenges.
Our mission is driven by the values of innovation, integrity, collaboration, adaptability, and ownership. These values reflect the spirit and culture that inspire Medicago’s people.
As a pioneer in transient expression and plant-based manufacturing, Medicago has always sought a more effective way to improve human health. With nearly 20 years of experience and wisdom behind us, we are poised to revolutionize the traditional approach to vaccines and therapeutics.
Medicago is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team. We understand that the collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents our future success as an organization. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, color, race, sex, gender identity and expression, place of origin, citizenship, disability, family status, marital status, age, language, veteran’s status, religion, sexual orientation, and beliefs.” Studies have shown that people who identify themselves as part of an underrepresented group are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't perfectly align with the job requirements.
We’re committed to providing accommodations throughout the application, interview, and employment process. If you require an accommodation to be at your best, please let us know during the application process.
It is important that you are legally entitled to work in the US or Canada at the time the job offer is made to you. You may be asked to provide proof of eligibility.
#LI-Remote #LI-SASKIA #INDHI