About Capstan Therapeutics
Capstan Therapeutics is developing a targeted delivery platform and therapeutics to reprogram immune cells in vivo in a scalable and controlled format, for a broad range of disease categories. The core technology originating from University of Pennsylvania comprises Targeted Lipid Nanoparticles (tLNPs) to enable off-the-shelf immunotherapies, with tight control of dosage and of activity of engineered cells. The objective is to advance transformative first-in-class and best-in-class products for oncology, fibrosis and inflammation-related diseases and blood monogenic disorders. Our dynamic start-up is founded by pioneers in the field of immunotherapy, regenerative medicine and drug delivery including experienced industry leaders and academic faculty members from U Penn.
In summary, Capstan Therapeutics aspires to become the leader of a new revolution in medicine, opening the avenue of in vivo reprogramming of the immune system and bringing this treatment modality to a broad range of medical needs. With locations in Philadelphia and San Diego, we are looking for talented individuals to join us.
We are seeking a Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to perform mRNA production and purification. The candidate will in vitro transcribed (IVT) mRNA production, mRNA purification, and perform analytical characterization under appropriate supervision.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Perform production and purification of in vitro transcribed (IVT) mRNA
- Quality control analysis of mRNA product including gel electrophoresis, Dot blot, UV, etc.
- Develop new techniques for mRNA optimization and large-scale production of mRNA under supervision
- Maintain appropriate lab notebooks and electronic records
- Perform routine technical tasks including managing laboratory inventory, prepare stock reagents, and general lab maintenance.
- B.S. or M.S. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biological Engineering, Chemistry, or related field with minimum 1-2+ years directly related experience.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, within prescribed guidelines, and as a team member.
- Ability to draft routine reports and keep accurate records of work performed.
- Actively seeks opportunities to increase skills and expertise.
- Able to learn complex task with general instructions.
- Able to use experience to perform a variety of new techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to follow detailed directions in a research laboratory environment.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office applications.
If you are interested in hearing more, reach out to us. We believe that each team member will impact and improve the lives of those we work with, and those we work for—our patients.
Capstan is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Capstan from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Capstan and do not obligate Capstan to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring managers or employees.