Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead operates in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.Institutional Specialist - COVID (Seattle)
This unique opportunity supports the Seattle Territory. Covering Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Nevada (not Las Vegas), and the upper half of California (not including San Francisco). 3-2 overnights a week.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of Gilead and competitor products in our therapeutic areas and in-depth knowledge of the complexities associated with the disease state.
- Actively promote the appropriate use of Gilead products to healthcare professionals in accordance with Corporate, PhRMA, and OIG guidelines.
- Demonstrates peer leadership by consistent application and modeling of the appropriate compliance, behavior, and conduct.
- Develop and implement a territory business plan to meet customer needs and achieve sales goals, monitor sales progress, and create action plans to achieve those goals.
- Prepares territory budget plans for customer contacts, unrestricted educational grants, speaker events, and other miscellaneous external expenditures.
- Partner with Medical Scientists, National Account Managers, Cross-functional counterparts Marketing, Trade and other internal Gilead team members.
- Assists in the identification and resolution of issues and opportunities and communicate proactively to marketing and sales management.
- Reports adverse events to Gilead's Drug Safety and Public Health department and other internal departments as appropriate per required guidelines.
- Performs all administrative functions required of the position, including reporting call activity and customer information into the appropriate call reporting system promptly, submitting expenses, etc.
- Adheres to regulatory agency, state, federal and company policies, procedures, and business ethics and demonstrates Gilead's company values of Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Integrity, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Advanced influencing and relationship-building expertise with a focus on sales outcomes.
- Passion for learning and retention of technical and scientific product-related information as well as the ability to act as a regional trainer and team mentor as needed
- A self-Motivated achiever who consistently surpasses personal goals and exceeds standards of performance and can work autonomously.
- May participate in aspects of MAP, POA and regional planning
- Ensures all department personnel are fully informed of, and in compliance with Gilead commercial compliance policy, all applicable federal and state laws and guidance relating to product promotion and information dissemination including, but not limited to, the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, the Food and Drug Administration's implementing regulations, the Federal Anti-Kickback Statute, the False Claims Act, PhRMA, Corporate Code of Business Conduct and the Office of the Inspector General's Compliance Program Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
High School Degree and Eleven Years' Experience
Associates Degree and Nine Years' Experience
Bachelor's Degree and Seven Years' Experience
Masters' Degree and Five Years' Experience
- Responsible for representing Gilead's products and services to a defined customer base, generating and growing sales and consistently achieving or exceeding sales targets within a specific geographic area, including, but not limited to, in-person representation and face-to-face meetings with healthcare practitioners within the assigned area.
- Ability to engage in such travel as may be reasonably required, including regular travel within the assigned area (and, to the extent applicable, satisfaction of any requirements associated with such travel).
- Satisfaction of any onsite visitation or hospital credentialing requirements of healthcare practitioners within assigned area, if applicable (which may include but not be limited to, by way of example, vaccinations, drug and background screenings, and any other requirements that may be adopted by certain healthcare practitioners).
- To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Valid driver's license is required
- BA or BS degree
- A minimum of 7 years of pharmaceutical sales and 4 years of specialty pharma sales experience
- Demonstrated success working in ambiguous market conditions and ability to adapt
- Possess superior selling skills focused on highly competitive markets
- Proven and consistent track record of meeting/exceeding sales objectives, preferably in specialty markets
- Previous product launch experience in a highly competitive environment
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.​
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.