Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.Job DescriptionAbout usGilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North, South and Central America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. Being here matters. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.About the RoleGilead is seeking a Gulfstream 650ER– Captain to join a close-knit team based out of the San Jose Airport. This key position reports directly to the Chief Pilot. Key Responsibilities:Reporting:The Captain, Pilot-in-Command (PIC) reports to the Chief Pilot.Responsibilities:
- Functions as the Pilot-in-Command in the assigned aircraft for a particular trip;
- Is responsible for safely and efficiently operating the aircraft while in compliance with all applicable regulations, rules, directives, and company procedures;
- Participates in the Safety Management System.
Qualifications:The successful candidate will have:
- When acting as the PIC, is directly responsible for and the final authority on the operation of the assigned aircraft;
- Operates company aircraft in a safe and efficient manner while in compliance with all Gilead Sciences rules and regulations, manufactures' limitations and manuals, governmental rules and regulations, and any other requirements of agencies having jurisdiction over the flight;
- Supervises the activities of the flight crew;
- Ensures that a proper preflight has been accomplished before takeoff including but not limited to the aircraft, its publications, documentation, equipment, passenger service items, fuel, weather, customs, permits, and airport / runway suitability;
- Coordinates with and keeps Maintenance, Operations, the Chief Pilot, and the Executive Director of Aviation informed when matters that may affect the conduct of the flight occur;
- Ensures that all embarked persons (crew and passengers) possess valid and current passports, visas and when applicable, documents of USA resident status (green cards) appropriate for the flight;
- Completes all required reports in a timely and accurate manner;
- Takes on special projects and assignments;
- Maintains currency for all ratings, qualifications, and certificates as required;
- Assumes any duties delegated by the Chief Pilot.
- High School diploma required
- a college degree (preferred);
- Has five or more years of aviation experience;
- Holds an FAA Airline Transport Pilot certificate with G VI type rating (preferred);
- Holds a valid First Class Medical Certificate;
- Holds a valid US passport;
- Has 5,000 hours total time, 3,000 hours PIC, 500 hours in the G650 and 2,000 hours in jet aircraft;
- Experience in the DA-2000 EASY aircraft as well is a plus, or willingness to be trained in this aircraft
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, and Singapore employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.​
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.