Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.Job DescriptionManager- Project Management - PMO Information Systems
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987.With the commitment and drive you bring to our workplace, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. You will see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
This role will be responsible for understanding, sustaining and improving the visualization architecture that supports the various PMO information and data needs. This role oversees the performance of the existing tools, templates and solutions and maintains a roadmap to sustain and improve the visualization solutions over time. A combination of Tableau, Smartsheet and Microsoft Office applications are currently implemented at Oceanside to deliver PMO information and data management needs.
This position will report to the Oceanside site PMO Director and will work in close collaboration with all departments at the site as well as partner with corporate and external functions.
The Oceanside Site PMO is accountable for providing project management support for all site activities, including Project, Resource, and Portfolio Management, Risk Management, Knowledge Management, Contracts Management, Business Analytics, Site Strategy, and Site Communications.
This highly motivated individual will support project and organizational leaders in two key areas: 1) Project management for biologics drug development projects and 2) Implementing and managing organizational business processes and systems that will enable efficient and sustainable biologics process development outcomes.Job Responsibilities
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Responsible for overseeing the existing tools, templates and system solutions the Oceanside PMO uses to manage information and data in support of project and portfolio management, business analytics, and contracts management.
- Develop and maintain strategic roadmap that considers strategies and plans by corporate and external functions that can impact the PMOs results (i.e. IT, Business Engagement, Data Science, etc)
- Partner with PMO business analytics to identify and implement improvements that enhance utilization of data visualization solutions
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to define roadmaps that are optimal for the evolving data needs
- Lead targeted process reviews and process improvement efforts
- Propose and implement plans to resolve complex issues and execute corrective actions
- Synthesize complex data and present findings to senior leadership
- Establish strong working relationships across departments, with key stakeholders and management to facilitate effective communication and transparency.
- Foster a team culture of accountability.
- Support continuous improvement efforts across projects, identifying and addressing gaps and opportunities. Contribute towards sustainability of project and program management processes.
- Represent Oceanside PMO in meetings and forums, as appropriate
- 7+ years of relevant experience, BS in science and PMP, or 5+ years and MS or MBA.
- Advanced or intermediate Tableau user background required. Tableau developer experience highly desired.
- Smartsheet project management tool expertise highly desired
- Preferred skills in AWS and Data Science languages Python, R.
- Multiple years' business systems, reporting, data structure, data governance and maintenance experience.
- Significant experience working with financial or related business data and reporting.
- Has advanced knowledge of business systems and data governance principles, practices, standards and processes.
- Understands best practices in business systems, data governance, reporting and project management, and effectively applies these to own work.
- Has a strong understanding of life sciences, particularly drug development
- Able to coach less experienced colleagues in solving problems.
- Proven effectiveness managing projects or key workstreams.
- Excellent written, analytical, and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively across matrix teams
- Must be highly organized, proactive, efficient, and agile.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and Microsoft Project and/or Smartsheet is required.
- Must exhibit high emotional intelligence, with demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate through challenging situations, difficult conversations, and ambiguous assignments.
- Skilful at building trust and team cohesion, with ability to lead targeted work groups and influencing colleagues to achieve team, group, functional and corporate goals.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, and Singapore employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.​
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.