About Mission Bio
Mission Bio is a high-growth, well-funded Series C company based in South San Francisco, California. Our mission is to enable our customers to eradicate cancer. We do so with our innovative microfluidic system that is the leader in the high throughput single cell, multi-omics space that is used by major cancer centers and pharma / biopharma companies globally to better characterize cancer as well as providing solutions to accelerate therapeutic development, such as the future standard of care in cell and gene therapy.
We are a dynamic and diverse team. We live by the culture of “One Cell One Team One Vision”. We are collaborative, we are driven, and we are curious.
Microfluidics Research Associate
Mission Bio is looking for a microfluidics research associate to fabricate and test prototype microfluidic devices on our single-cell analysis platform. In a clean room, this position will first perform soft photolithography to generate complex fluidic channels that they will then incorporate into assembled cartridges and test on fluidic instruments. As the prototypes mature, the research associate will work to prepare and transfer designs for manufacturing. As a member of a small but critical engineering team, this position will work cross-functionally, taking design considerations from the broader team and presenting results outward and upward.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Skills & Experience:
- Fabricate experimental microfluidic devices via soft photolithography in a clean room
- Assemble cartridges from those devices and other prototype components
- Evaluate and optimize cartridge operation on the Mission Bio single-cell platform
- Assist and document for process development, quality control, and technology transfer to manufacturing
- Communicate results to cross-functional teams and incorporate feedback
- Demonstrated success in microfluidic development including photolithography and CAD design
- Experience in an R&D setting rapidly designing, testing, iterating, and transferring
- Commitment to documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor / Master in Bio-Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or related fields with research experience
- Comprehensive Benefits: We offer medical, dental and vision insurance, pre-tax commuter options and a 401(k) plan for all US employees.
- Flexible working hours: We offer unlimited vacation for you to take the time you need to recharge and be your most productive self at work.
- Training and professional development: Your manager will work with you to define objectives for your professional development and help you progress in your field.
Mission Bio is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.