DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using enzymatic DNA synthesis (EDS) technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through the decentralization of rapid, on demand and high-quality DNA synthesis. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for customizing nucleic acid synthesis thus accelerating discovery in genetics, genomics, and synthetic biology. Discovery disciplines with profound impacts upon humanity such as biopharma, translational genetics and even molecular information storage all start with synthetic DNA. The company has recently initiated the commercialization of its first EDS powered platform, the SYNTAX system.
To date, DNA Script has raised over $315M of financing, with leading investors such as Coatue Management, Fidelity Management and Research, Catalio Capital Management, Casdin Capital, LSP, Bpifrance Large Ventures, Danaher, Illumina Ventures, Agilent, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Kurma Partners, T Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and Eurazeo.
DNA Script also partners on technology and product development with leading organizations such as DARPA, IARPA, Moderna Therapeutics, GE Research, Illumina, the Broad Institute, Harvard University, Institut Pasteur and the French Department of Defense.
DNA Script has its research and manufacturing facilities headquartered in Paris, France, and is in the process of expanding its commercial and development teams in South San Francisco.
Opportunity and Challenges :
We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionately eager people. We want to gather their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of “DNA-write.” We offer the opportunity of joining a dynamic, international, and highly skilled team in a pioneering startup. Our DNA On Demand platform not only has the potential to change the way the world makes and uses synthetic DNA, but also to accelerate the rate of discovery by delivering upon the promise of same-day results.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and to have a large impact on developing a technology that will have far-reaching impacts across biological sciences.
DNA Script is actively searching for an accomplished Sr. Manager of Field Applications to build and foster positive relationships and support our partners and customers in their use of DNA Script commercial technologies and related applications. The individual will be responsible for managing customer engagement and delivering expert product support to customers participating in the evaluation phase of product commercialization and providing quick resolutions to complex technical inquiries including troubleshooting, coordinating customer feedback and interactions, and representing user experiences within the company to aid development of next generation products. Additionally, the person filling this role is responsible for providing feedback for the development of applications using DNA Script products in novel applications. You will also play a key role to ensure product issues are documented to facilitate the continuous improvement of our products.
Technical Product Support
- Provide timely resolution of complaints and inquiries from customers on DNA Script products (instrument, software, hardware, reagents & consumables), and related applications.
- Diagnose and resolve product performance problems fielded directly from customers and staff.
- Collaborate with internal experts by obtaining assistance on challenging cases and sharing product support information.
- Support the delivery of fully integrated solutions, which may include peripherals, communications, operating systems and applications software.
- Provide voice of customer, user-oriented and service-related inputs to ongoing and new product development projects.
- Document product support cases and assist with the development of an internal product support knowledge base for use by customers and the internal support team.
- Update product support documentation including, but not limited to, User Guide and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). Author product information notifications as needed.
- Identify product quality improvements using support data documented during customer and service interactions and communicate to stakeholders.
Customer Engagement & Applications Support
- Lead customer engagement activities throughout product evaluation programs and the sales cycle by managing new customers through customer on-boarding activities. This includes coordinating delivery and installation of the instrument to the customer site, training customers on hardware, software, reagents & consumables, monitoring customer success during evaluation period and communicating with internal stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Sales team on pre-sales technical engagements with customers.
- Serve as a liaison between customers and internal teams within the company.
- Develop and provide training for customers and staff on company products and application workflows
- Conduct product investigations, including experimental design, data analysis, resolution, and documentation.
- Interface with the product development and applications teams in the use of DNA Script products in novel applications to meet customer needs.
- Working with the Sales and Marketing teams, develop video tutorials on product use, troubleshooting and new features.
- Develop and deploy a global support plan related to the biological support of the product including organizational structure and hiring and maintaining the team
- Organize training and certification program of distributors that resell the company’s products geographically
- Balance the workload of the global team with an aim to regionalize support
- Master’s degree preferred within life science, engineering or related fields -- e.g. Biomedical Engineering, Molecular Biology, Genomics, NextGen Sequencing, Analytical biochemistry, Biotechnology or similar.
- 5+ years of work experience in a technical product support role, research & development role or similar position.
- Proven experience interacting with researchers at all levels with life science and genomics applications.
- Previous experience in training, oral presentations, and technical writing/editing.
- 5+ years people management experience with global experience preferred
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Experience with Molecular Biology, Next Gen Sequencing, PCR, qPCR, and related innovative technologies/application, including DNA synthesis experience, or utilization of synthetic oligos in biochemical applications.
- An extensive network and track record interfacing with key opinion leaders within the scientific community.
- Experience or expertise with Laboratory Automation solutions (eg. pipetting robots, electronics, and linear actuators) and systems involving reagents, consumables, and related system software.
- Detailed technical orientation, with robust analytical and organization skills, problem solving, troubleshooting capabilities and negotiation skills.
- Capability to precisely document issues, root cause analyses, troubleshooting experimentation and resolutions/repairs for complex scientific instrumentation.
- Experience developing, testing, and supporting product applications in the laboratory.
- Proven experience with developing and delivering effective product/technical training.
- Prior experience using customer relationship management tools to document product support interactions with customers.
- Customer advocate, solutions-oriented mindset, and business orientation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills and technical writing.
- Experienced working in a global organization and working across time zones with remote employees
- The ideal candidate will be located in the San Francisco Bay Area, however remote candidates within the United States will be considered.
- May require travel to customer sites and corporate offices.
- Start date: Q3 2022.