Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
SummaryThe Oncology Territory Manager reports to the District Manager and is responsible for attaining territory goals by successfully selling branded products to the customer base. All requirements with regards to territory management should be accomplished on a timely basis. Develop strong relationships with the customer and become a resource. Communicate with the District Manager on a regular basis and discuss issues and opportunities. Represent the company in a positive and professional manner.
- Calls on health care professionals in assigned sales territory and communicates product advantages, features and benefits.
- Achieves or exceeds sales objectives through promotion of product features and benefits to our key accounts: Hospitals, Infusion Centers, Nephrologists, Hematologists, Hospitalist, PCPs/IMs, Bloodless Surgery, buying groups, distributors and wholesalers in assigned territory. As a secondary base, Cardiologists, Endocrinologists, and Rheumatologists
- Builds relationships with our customer base and key opinion leaders by personally visiting them, educating and influencing physicians and healthcare providers to prescribe Daiichi Sankyo, Inc.’s promoted products. Communicates products approved indications, advantages, features and benefits in both individual and group settings.
- Analyzes customer needs and interests. Maintains a current key customer target list, submits regular updates to the customer database and plans calls to meet goals. Carries out all sales and marketing programs. Maintains frequent correspondence with District Manager, co promotion team members
- Complies with applicable laws in providing healthcare providers with accurate information concerning Daiichi Sankyo, Inc.’s products
- Participates in assigned training and completing outside reading. Keeps abreast of the products, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising, and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with colleagues. Attends and participates in all required meetings and training programs
- Serves as a disease state expert and provides a high level of product expertise and customer service for all accounts
- Maintains all equipment and territorial records in the prescribed manner. Utilizes sales force automation system and other equipment to enhance impact of sales call and territory management. Reviews territorial reports with District Manager and learns how to use reports and databases as instruments to achieve assigned goals. Submits complete reports, on-time, and communicates matters that are relevant to the marketplace, competition and the marketing team to the District Manager
- Notifies the Medical Affairs & Pharmacovigilance immediately of any product complaints as per SOP 805.21, ‘Reporting Adverse Events (AEs) and Product Quality Complaints (PQCs).’
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 1 or More Years sales/marketing experience in the pharmaceutical or medical industry required
- 3 or more years of sales/marketing experience in the pharmaceutical or medical industry preferred
- Specialty, rare disease, and/or oncology experience strongly preferred
- Experience selling in complex environments preferred
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Must be able to travel approximately 40% to 60%
- Must have a valid drivers’ license with a driving record that meets company requirements
- Compensation and seniority level/title based on experience and qualifications
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.