We are looking for a Senior Marketing and Business Development Manager who will be responsible in promoting the business, assisting the organization with the achievement of revenue goals and client satisfaction objectives by fostering strong and sustainable client relationships and fully executing enterprise-wide marketing strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and directly manages potential and existing clients to establish and develop long term strategic relationships that contribute to company growth and profitability. Proactively follows up on warm leads to convert into new business and builds trusted/strategic relationships with client decision makers. Manages the weekly prioritization of the sales pipeline.
- Coordinates and executes a customized account plan for the increased use of the company’s services to potential and existing clients by building strong long-term relationships, ensuring a complete understanding of the client and project need, and understanding and communicating in a clear and concise manner.
- Drafts and/or contributes to the writing of proposals to assure a thorough understanding of client need and that the best customized solution is being provided to support quickly converting proposals into contracts. Drives proposal quality and ensures consistency with branding by reviewing, improving and utilizing or developing templates, following proposal writing standards including readability and tone; maintains historical proposal support database to ensure consistency, accuracy and latest version of approved language in all proposals.
- Identifies opportunities and secure renewal work for assigned clients leading to successful building of the client’s pipeline of new projects.
- Aligns closely with the project team to deliver excellent customer service and overall client satisfaction by engaging with colleagues to solicit questions and information from clients ensuring solutions/responses are targeted and focused to exceed client requirements.
- Assists in resolving client challenges, conflicts, and concerns interacting with the internal and external team as needed to ensure quality and timely service delivery and exceed client expectation.
- Monitors and maintains client relationships to identify partnership/contract growth opportunities for assigned client accounts to meet defined company growth goals.
- Creates and delivers quarterly client presentations, including quarterly business reviews and action plans to strengthen client relationships and to promote the company and its project performance.
- Creates standards, policies, and rules of engagement for social media strategy. Defines key performance indicators and implements enterprise level measurement, analytics, and reporting methods to gauge success.
- Designs, develops and implements effective social media campaign with clear targeted messaging to increase visibility and company brand in the industry. Reviews success of digital campaigns (e.g., email, social media, etc.) and outlines improvements to align with business development strategy. Provide success performance summaries for both corporate meetings and BOA strategic review.
- Works closely with the portfolio management team to accurately forecast and recognize client revenue ensuring accurate and timely reporting to sustain the company’s growth goals.
- Keeps CRM system updated with all lead and opportunity information to ensure accurate and timely documentation of all client and potential client contact.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promotes awareness of the organization through participation and/or organization of community outreach events. Responsible for participating in or leading internal culture working groups that identify ways to celebrate our culture, promote diversity and inclusion, and inspire the next generation of employees.
- Coordinates client visits and/or visits to clients to gain new business opportunities and/or expand on existing business relationships.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive and current understanding of competitors’ offerings and trends in the industry to ensure success in business development efforts.
- Note that this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required in the performance of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- BA or BS degree in Business or Science related discipline. 10+ years of proven experience in account management, business development or a comparable client services role in a life sciences company
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills to effectively communicate complex and technical information in an understandable manner. Strong organizational skills; demonstrated interpersonal skills to enable the development of long-term partnerships with clients and stakeholders; demonstrated advanced skill with CRM software; advanced computer skills including MS Office suite of programs.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a sense of ownership, accountability, willingness to learn and an ability to effectively communicate and lead. Travel up to 10%. Demonstrated professional presentation skills. Ability to create and sustain strong relationships with potential clients.
- A comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical/biotech industries and market with a passion in following and identifying future development and trends.
- Must work efficiently responding to changing priorities with minimal disruption; able to work independently and within a team; must have excellent problem-solving skills, analytical skills, research skills and attention to detail. Must be able to consistently meet deadlines, manage projects across several collaborators and handle multiple projects simultaneously.