Why Join Intellia?
Our mission is to develop curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threatening diseases.
Beyond our science, we live our four core values: One, Explore, Disrupt, Deliver and feel strongly that you can achieve more at Intellia. We have a single-minded determination to excel and succeed together. We believe in the power of curiosity and pushing boundaries. We welcome challenging thoughts and imagination to develop innovative solutions. And we know that patients are counting on us to make the promise a reality, so we must maintain high standards and get it done.
We wantall ofour people to go beyond what is possible. We aren’t constrained by typical end rails, and we aren’t out to just “treat” people. We’re all in this for something more. We’re driven to cure and motivated for change. Just imagine the possibilities of what we can do together.
How you will Achieve More with Intellia:
As Principal Software Engineer - Lead Data Engineer, you will join Informatics’ software engineering team in delivering services to accelerate the pace of R&D. We are looking for an individual to lead the software team’s effort to streamline analysis workflows of bioinformatic data. With our recent clinical successes, and a promising pipeline of additional targets, our scientists relentlessly produce impressive amounts of data. We believe when data is in the right place at the right time, it enables scientists to push un-resisted on their natural path toward innovation. This is an opportunity for you to EXPLORE, DISRUPT and DELIVER through a seasoned understanding of data patterns and practices that enable ONE Intellia’s advance toward cutting-edge science. Main responsibilities include:
- Lead the initiative to streamline analysis workflows performed within R&D of genomic data
- Collaborate with Comp Bio & NGS team leads to produce data map of production assays
- Drive working meetings attended by Data Engineering, NGS and Comp Bio teams to structure, manage and communicate progress toward data project milestones
- Architect and implement scalable ETL pipelines connected to Informatics databases
- Work closely with scientists to optimize delivery of analyses through our Informatics Portal
- Produce clear and descriptive documentation for end users and fellow developers
- Automate integration and deployment of solutions to AWS through an IaC approach
- Implement an iterative and incremental approach of the SDLC
You a seasoned engineer that naturally sees and realizes untapped opportunity in data. You are interested in building and leading a team of talented engineers delivering the insight that enables your colleagues to be efficiently informed and decisive. Our ideal candidate will have a Bachelors’ or Masters’ in Computer Science or related computational discipline with experience in the biotech industry. We currently work as a team in a hybrid work environment and you should feel comfortable working and leading in this environment. The software team utilizes online project management and source control tools to assign and implement work. Skills and technologies, you should be familiar with include:
- RESTful API architectures
- NGS data processing and analysis
- Languages conducive to data engineering i.e. Python, Go, Scala, or Elixir
- Database architectures i.e. RDBMS, NoSQL, column-oriented, in-memory cache
- Managed ETL workflow orchestrators i.e. Airflow, Prefect, AWS Glue
- Managing cloud infrastructure using AWS SDKs and CLI
- Shell in the Linux environment
- Network communications (TCP/IP, DNS, etc.)
- Docker containerized services
- LIMS or Laboratory Software, ELNs
- Microsoft Office suite of products including Word, Excel, Teams, Github
Meet your future team:
The software engineering team resides within Genomic Operations partnering with computational sciences, automation engineering, genomics and screening. Software engineers work with their scientific counterparts to streamline workflows and create web-based data services with high regard for quality. Additionally, the Informatics team serves development and operational functions of our AWS cloud-based infrastructure. We work with several remote domain specific contractors to supplement internal resources.
We are primarily remote with the occasional visit to the laboratory when onsite testing is required. By utilizing modern development methodologies and remote conferencing tools we have maintained a high level of productivity and software delivery. If you join our team, you can expect to join fast, fun, exciting and collaborative environment. We look forward to fostering your skills, learning from your experiences, and continuing to build an amazing team!
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy: All Intellia employees, regardless of work location, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This requirement includes a booster dose once eligible. Requests for exemption for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs will be considered.
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.