GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com
The Staff Assay Biostatistician provides statistical expertise and leadership to pre-analytical and analytical assay studies. The Biostatistician partners with key internal stakeholders to design, analyze, and interpret to pre-analytical and analytical studies in support of GRAIL’s product development.You Will:
Your Background Should Include:
- Provide statistical support to pre-analytical and analytical studies in the study design, analysis, study reports, presentations, publications and regulatory filings. Has the ability to influence internal collaborators on issues of study design, statistical methods, interpretation of results, etc.
- Provide statistical support to assay process monitoring and data QC activities.
- Demonstrate knowledge in the Statistical Genomics and applies to pre-analytical and analytical study design and analysis.
- PhD with 3 + years or MS in statistics with 5+ years of experience.
- Strong knowledge of both theoretical and applied statistics.
- Outstanding verbal, writing, and presentation skills with a strong ability to influence and communicate effectively.
- Experience programming with R or SAS.
- Ability to succeed and thrive in a rapid paced and cross-functional team environment.
- Experience applying statistical methods to develop NGS assays and algorithms in an industry setting is a plus.
- Strong team player with demonstrated track record of success in a cross-functional team environment.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL has made the decision to require all U.S. employees receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.