Associate Director, Investor Relations
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, investor relations, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
You will be an integral part of the Investor Relations team partnering with the Group Vice President in the planning, development, and execution of the investor relations’ strategy at BioMarin. Reporting to the GVP, Investor Relations, you will serve as a key member of the IR team to ensure BioMarin effectively communicates its message to investors and key stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with GVP, Investor Relations to support the development and execution of the IR program and strategic initiatives to enhance the perception, awareness and visibility of BioMarin within the investment and biotechnology/pharmaceutical communities
- Assist in preparing materials for quarterly earnings calls, including conference call scripts, frequently asked questions/answers, earnings slides and press releases
- Collaborate with the IR team to create investment messaging integrated with the consistent strategic goals of the company
- Participate in investor events and meetings as needed
- Help organize, plan, attend and track Company road shows, presentations, speaking engagements, conferences and annual Research & Development Day
- Remain current on competitive, economic, political, regulatory, industry, and stock market outlook
- Maintain investor database and analyst models to track performance and quality of messaging
- Fulfill requests for information, and share responsibility for responding to inbound investor inquiries
- Participate in investor conferences, including travel, as needed
Proficiency and Expectations
The ideal candidate must have prior experience in investor relations working with a publicly-traded bio-pharmaceutical or healthcare company.
Education and General Requirements:
- Requires a BA/BS or higher degree, in a related discipline with appropriate work experience
- 7+ years of total relevant work experience in investor relations
- A scientific and/or financial background is a plus
- Public Company Investors Relations experience
- Significant financial modelling experience required
- Experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry in successfully managing all or a significant part of the Investor Relations function
- Excellent written, verbal, computer and social media knowledge and skills, including proficiency in PPT with an interest in thinking creatively about new ways to differentiate the BioMarin story
- Highly motivated individual who can successfully work independently in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Confidence in communicating with sophisticated investors, company executives, the scientific community and the media
- Up to 25% travel depending on format of investor events given travel restrictions, etc.
- Hybrid workstyle
Absent a medical or religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.