Annexon Biosciences is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company pioneering the development of a new class of medicines for patients with classical complement-mediated autoimmune, neurodegenerative, and ophthalmic disorders. The company’s pipeline is based on its platform technologies addressing a broad spectrum of well-researched classical complement-mediated autoimmune and neurodegenerative diseases triggered by aberrant activation of C1q, the initiating molecule of the classical complement pathway. Annexon is advancing a portfolio of innovative product candidates designed to block the activity of C1q and the entire classical complement pathway. Annexon is deploying a disciplined, unbiased biomarker-driven strategy designed to improve the probability of technical success of its portfolio and striving to deliver precision medicine to patients with classical complement driven diseases in the body, brain and eye.
- Execute study projects towards preclinical and clinical disease biomarker discovery, in vitro proof-of-concept studies with guidance.
- Work collaboratively in a matrixed environment, with excellent laboratory skills in biochemical, molecular and cell-based assays.
- Perform in vitro/ex vivo assays; conduct data analysis and report at research meetings
- Assist in activities related to development and validation of new biomarker assays, new instrumentation and/or laboratory software
- Manage preclinical/clinical samples; plan, execute and document studies and data
- Adhere to established turn-around-times while maintaining quality data
- Identify and troubleshoot problems that may adversely affect assay performance
- Some responsibility for general lab management is expected.
- Contribute to building a culture that embraces scientific excellence, integrity, urgency, partnerships with key stakeholders and continuous learning and improvements.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in life science or related field with 3+ years of experience in research laboratory setting
- Hands on experience in protein quantitation/characterization a must (such as ELISA, Ella, MSD, and/or Lumit etc).
- Experience in protein expression construct design, western blot, flow cytometry, immunochemistry, and microscopy a plus.
- Exposure to genetic tools for modulating gene expression, cell-based assays, and/or complement biology is desired.
- Ability to analyze data rigorously, and present to the research team a must
- Experience with animal dosing and tissue collection a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, can-do attitude, and ability to take on new challenges, with excellent personal and scientific communication skills.
- Thrive in a fast paced, dynamic, and matrixed environment, with excellent capabilities in multi-tasking, study management, and record keeping.
Annexon Bio is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Employment is conditioned upon full vaccination against the Covid-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. You will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon hire. The Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Annexon Bio does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to Annexon Bio or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by the HR Team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of Annexon Bio, and Annexon Bio will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.