Annexon Biosciences is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company pioneering the development of a new class of medicines for patients with classical complement-mediated autoimmune, neurodegenerative, and ophthalmic disorders. The company’s pipeline is based on its platform technologies addressing a broad spectrum of well-researched classical complement-mediated autoimmune and neurodegenerative diseases triggered by aberrant activation of C1q, the initiating molecule of the classical complement pathway. Annexon is advancing a portfolio of innovative product candidates designed to block the activity of C1q and the entire classical complement pathway. Annexon is deploying a disciplined, unbiased biomarker-driven strategy designed to improve the probability of technical success of its portfolio and striving to deliver precision medicine to patients with classical complement driven diseases in the body, brain and eye.
Desired Candidate Profile
We are seeking a Research Associate/Sr research Associate with excellent laboratory skills and a background in neuroscience to join our multi-functional research team. This position will provide opportunities to grow and develop both technically and scientifically via internal and external collaborative efforts. Qualified candidates will have experience in in vivo work on preclinical models of neurodegenerative diseases, immunohistochemistry, fluorescence microscopy, ELISA-based assay, Western Blot, qPCR.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in life science or related field with 3+ years of experience in research laboratory setting. Experience working with neurological disease model is preferred.
- Experience in ELISA-based assay, Western blot and qPCR is strongly desired
- Experience in histological and immunohistochemistry techniques, including amplified and non-amplified fluorescence and chromogenic--based immunohistochemistry (free floating and slide mounted staining). Experience in epifluorescence and confocal microscopy, as well as Image processing (ImageJ, IMARIS a plus) is desired
- Hands on experience working with small rodent including injection (i.p., s.c., tail vein), aseptic surgical techniques, transcardial perfusion and tissue isolation is a plus
- Ability to analyze data rigorously (Excel and Prism), and present to the research team is a must
- Excellent problem-solving skills, can-do attitude, and ability to take on new challenges, with excellent personal and scientific communication skills.
- Thrive in a fast paced, dynamic, and matrixed environment, with excellent capabilities in multi-tasking, study management, and record keeping.
Key Scientific Responsibilities:
- Execute projects for in vivo proof-of-concept studies with guidance
- Execute in vitro biochemical and cellular assays for target validation, screening and biomarker discover (ELISA-based assay, Western Blot, qPCR)
- Execute experiment in histology and immunohistochemistry including epifluorescence and confocal microscopy, image processing (i.e ImageJ, IMARIS) and analysis (i.e Excel, Prism).
- Perform sample management/tracking, study worklists, planning and documentation of assays and data
- Adhere to established turn-around-times while maintaining quality of test results
- Identify and troubleshoot problems that may adversely affect test performance/results
- Some responsibility for general lab management is expected.
- Contribute to building a culture that embraces scientific excellence, integrity, urgency, partnerships with key stakeholders and continuous learning/improvements.
*title will be predicated on experience and qualifications of individual
Annexon Bio is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Employment is conditioned upon full vaccination against the Covid-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. You will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon hire. The Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Annexon Bio does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to Annexon Bio or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by the HR Team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of Annexon Bio, and Annexon Bio will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.