Why Patients Need You
Our breakthroughs would not make it to the hands of patients without our pharmaceutical manufacturing team. We rely on a team of dedicated and agile members, who understand the importance and impact of their role in Pfizer’s mission. Patients need colleagues like you who take pride in their work and always look to improve outcomes. You will help to ensure that patients and physicians have the medicines they need, when they need them.
What You Will Achieve
The Sr Production Supervisor, Aseptic Filling, under the general guidance of the Department Manager, in conjunction with their peers, serves as the first line manager within the operational areas of the site. They will direct multi-shift work activities of hourly colleagues in the Aseptic Filling area. They will be responsible for supervising both manual and automated processes within an aseptic environment.
How You Will Achieve It
Under the general guidance of the Department Manager/Lead the Operations Supervisor, in conjunction with their peers, will serves as the first line manager within the operational areas of the site. They will direct multi-shift work activities of hourly colleague in an assigned operational area of the site to include the filling, inspection, packaging, assembly and storage of parenteral liquid drug products and auto-injector medical devices. They will be responsible for supervising both manual and automated processes within and/or outside aseptic environments.
- Supervise colleague work activities in the production of [APIs for pharmaceutical, or biotechnology products or Drug Products] in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) as well as all federal, state, and local environmental and safety regulations.
- Actively engage in colleague development, including timely performance feedback/appraisals as well as through other aspects of the performance management process (i.e. 1:1s, IDPs).
- Ensure colleague training is maintained and in compliance with appropriate procedures, specifications and standards.
- Assist in ensuring units are manufactured to forecasted volume with the appropriate resources.
- Schedules staffing, optimizing labor available to meet required product demands of customers within budgeted guidelines, communicating with and recommending actions to leadership as needed.
- Collaborates cross-functionally with Quality, Maintenance, Warehouse and other production personnel to ensure information is properly shared and production remains on schedule.
- Completes operational quality, environmental, and safety incident investigations as required.
- Actively partners with others, sharing knowledge, problem solving, and implementing solutions to issues on the manufacturing floor.
- Identifies process improvements and supports continuous improvement initiatives related to compliance, safety and production to minimize risk, ensure product quality and reduce waste through the application of OpEx and IMEx principles.
- Anticipates and reacts to shortages of material, equipment, personnel, and space to meet schedule and maintain inventory.
- Reviews batch records, supports release of production lots and ensures product meets quality and quantity standards.
- Maintains and improves labor standards as it relates to having the proper number of colleagues assigned to each line per the line standards to meet staffing and financial guidelines.
- Champions a safety culture by aiding in the establishment of safety rules and instruction. Adheres to safety requirements. Reports events to EH&S. Ensures events are contained and appropriate steps are taken to mitigate risk to product and the manufacturing environment.
- Provides continuous GMP coaching (i.e. aseptic practices, GDP, visual inspection sequence adherence, etc.) to ensure procedures and policies are followed and ensure the quality of the product.
- Assists manager with special projects and other duties as assigned or needed
- Education and prior pharmaceutical and/or manufacturing experience required for this role. Prior experience includes strong knowledge, support and capability related to manufacturing operations, methods and practices. Specifics as follows:
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 3+ years of experience and 1+ years demonstrated leadership capability in a pharmaceutical and/or manufacturing environment
- Associates Degree with a minimum of 6+ years of experience and 3+ years demonstrated leadership capability in a pharmaceutical and/or manufacturing environment.
- High School Diploma with a minimum 8+ years of experience and 5+ years demonstrated leadership capability in a pharmaceutical and/or manufacturing environment.
- Ability to manage, organize, problem solve and manage multiple priorities in a fast pace environment, while exercising leadership, diplomacy, and problem-solving skills, coordinating and working with all levels of Colleagues.
- Able to successfully manage production per accuracy parameters, controlling damaged product while meeting customer service goals.
- Working knowledge and experience with SAP or equivalent inventory management software. Proficient with using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Must possess basic math skills, strong interpersonal skills and effective communication skills (oral and in written form).
- Ability to stand upright for several consecutive hours absent of any medical restrictions which could restrict completion of required duties.
- Able to stand and frequently walk between production centers/areas to supervise operations.
- Occasional bending, stooping, squatting, carrying and/or lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust and focus.
- This position works around moving machines, is exposed to temperature changes and is required to wear personal protective equipment in certain areas.
- Additional requirements are line and product specific.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum expectation of 40 hours per week, unless otherwise dictated by management or business needs.
- Able to work traditional and/or split shifts as well as weekends, holidays and overtime as needed to effectively manage operations and complete production documentation and schedule.
- May be needed to travel between facilities when necessary.
- Use of eye protection, gloves and other PPE is required.
- Maintaining aseptic area certification may be required. This includes Aseptic gowning procedures, which requires all body parts to be completely covered (gowned) for substantial periods of time.
- Practice and promote a safe work environment at all times
Relocation support available: Yes
Work Premises: On Site
Last date to apply: August 4th, 2022
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.