We are currently searching for a Cryo Electron Tomography to perform semi-independent research using cellular biology methods and cryo-electron tomography (cryo-ET) to study the structure of actin-based sensory stereocilia and the molecular complexes associated with their mechanotransduction. This is a full-time, on-site opportunity in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Program and use computers to store, process, and analyze data
- Monitor operational procedures in technical environments to ensure conformance to standards
- Interpret research or operational data
- Operate laboratory equipment to analyze samples
- Analyze laboratory findings
- Plan and administer biological research programs
- Study basic principles of plant and animal life, such as origin, relationship, development, anatomy, and function
- Identify, classify, and study structure, behavior, ecology, physiology, nutrition, culture, and distribution of plant and animal species
- Collect and analyze biological data about relationships among and between organisms and their environment
- Monitor and observe experiments, recording production and test data for evaluation by research personnel
- Analyze experimental data and interpret results to write reports and summaries of findings Coordinate the work of biological technicians and technologists and other scientists
- Operate, calibrate, or maintain equipment used in quantitative or qualitative analysis, such as spectrophotometers, calorimeters, flame photometers, or computer-controlled analyzers
- Preferred, Ph.D. degree in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Structural Biology or a related discipline
- At least 2 years of experience
- Minimum, Master’s degree in Miscellaneous Biology or a related disclipine
- At least 5 years of experience
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data; update and maintain laboratory notebooks and data-bases.
- Design and carry out experiments.
- Identify and review literature pertinent to projects
- Process, analyze, and segment cryo-ET data and generate molecular models
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.