HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you are part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Senior Manager, Upstream Process Engineering
What you will do
Lets do this! Lets change the world. In this role you will be responsible for managing engineering activities at a commercial bulk GMP manufacturing site. Specific duties include:
- With minimal direction, provide leadership, coaching, staff supervision, and technical expertise to a team of engineers
- Provide technical support to troubleshoot, identify, and resolve equipment and system issues as needed and manage call coverage for 24/7 operation
- Responsible for providing process engineering for capital projects as needed
- Applying engineering principles to recommendation, design, and implementation of new equipment or system modifications
- Ensure all tasks and projects are accomplished in a safe manner
- Ensure all tasks and projects are accomplished in accordance with cGMP requirements and expectations
- Effectively collaborate with key customers and support groups (Manufacturing, Quality, Process Development)
- Working closely with multiple disciplines, including manufacturing, engineering, utility operations, maintenance, quality assurance, process development and validation to implement operational improvements
- Communicating proactively with supervisor and support staff, highlighting issues and proposing solutions
- Develop, organize, analyze, and present results for operational issues and engineering projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Apply LEAN methodology to ensure optimal and cost-effective performance and reliability for process systems
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Data Science professional we seek is a collaborative partner with these qualifications.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Engineering experience
Masters degree and 6 years of Engineering experience
Bachelors degree and 8 years of Engineering experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Engineering experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Engineering experience
- Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree in Chemical Engineering or related technical field
- 5+ years experience in engineering in a manufacturing support environment with at least 3 years experience in the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industries
- Demonstrated people management/leadership experience
- Experience with Mammalian Cell Culture, Protein Purification, Clean Utilities, CIP, SIP and Production Services. Upstream unit operation experience such as bioreactor or harvest equipment desired
- Familiarity designing, troubleshooting, and operating equipment used in cell culture manufacturing including disposable technologies
- Experience with Tech Transfer, Process Design, and Commissioning & Qualification
- Experience with validation and change control methodology
- Direct experience with regulated environments (i.e. cGMP, OSHA, EPA) including detailed understanding of cGMPs
- Position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work with minimum direction
- Demonstrated interpersonal and facilitation skills and ability to work in a collaborative team-based environment
- Ability to apply analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex problems using multiple sources of information
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams and embrace a team-based culture
- Familiarity with designing and operating equipment used in biopharmaceutical manufacturing
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.