Sherlock Biosciences is dedicated to providing global access to the simplest and most accurate diagnostic tests that empower individuals to control their own healthcare. We are creating a new generation of CRISPR and Synthetic Biology-based molecular diagnostic technology platforms that can rapidly deliver accurate and inexpensive results in any setting. We envision a world where Sherlock’s products will enable users to make more effective decisions in any environment, including hospitals, industrial settings, low-resource settings, and at-home. Successful candidates will join an exciting, collaborative, and fast-paced company that seeks to disrupt diagnostics and change the trajectory of human health.
The Associate Director of Marketing is responsible for guiding competitive intelligence to advance our commercial go to market strategies and to inform company decision making. The role will ultimately begin to pivot to building the consumer go to market launch plans, including sales support, branding, ecommerce and campaigns. This role will work very closely with the Director of Product Marketing and other cross-functional leaders (i.e. Development, Software, Product Management). They will be the ”go-to” expert at Sherlock on the state of the consumer marketplace for consumer diagnostics and other related products/categories.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Strategic Launch Strategy and Planning
- Helps drive the thinking and development of the sales strategy (retail, ecommerce, multi-channel)
- Supports efforts to assist in sell-in, including trade decks and sell-in materials
Forecasting and Pricing
- Develop retail and ecommerce forecasting tools and revenue ramp
- Partner with product to develop best pricing research then utilize this work and competitive reviews to develop optimal pricing model and product configurations
- Maintain competitive pricing by class of trade
Build deep go to market case studies of comparable consumer companies to educate and inform our launch plans (Hims & Hers, Everlywell, Cue, etc)
- Distribution build
- Revenue ramp
- Positioning and claims
- Agencies and partners used
- Build and maintain an exhaustive Amazon audit of consumer diagnostic tests and comparable devices
- Track pricing, advertising tactics used, and marketing content
Retail Shelf Audit
- Build and maintain an exhaustive shelf audit of consumer diagnostic tests and comparable devices in drug and mass channels
- Shelf location, pack sizes, displays, trade promos
Product Commercialization and Launch
- Assists in developing elements of the marketing and launch plans, which could include:
- Branding, Website, Advertising, Social Media, Videos
- Communicating with Impact
- Decision Making & Problem Solving
- Taking Initiative & Follow-up
- Planning and Organizing
- Project Management
- Building Effective Partnerships
- Team Building
- Business Acumen
- Coaching & Development
- Change Leadership
- Technical Skills/Professional Knowledge
- There are no outside factors that will affect the individual’s working conditions while performing the job.
- There are no physical demands required for this
- At least 30% travel is required, including but not limited to availability to attend industry events and conferences, and monthly travel to the corporate office
Required Education and Experience
- BS or BA, MBA preferred
- At least (10) years of experience in consumer brands, ideally in health & wellness or diagnostics
- Proven experience developing and executing multiple facets of a product launch
- Strong analytical experience in forecasting, modeling, pricing
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with senior-level presentation experience
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong relationships with cross-functional leadership
- Roll up your sleeves, can-do attitude.
- Ability to manage ambiguity
Work Authorization/Security-Clearance Requirements
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are not merely trendy buzz words to us; they are part of our core values. We are committed to creating a community of well-rounded professionals from all ethnicities, nationalities, educational backgrounds, and genders. This “melting pot” of differences is what fosters ideas and innovations. Our beliefs span beyond our walls and into the world, as reflected in outreach to various underserved domestic and global communities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Sherlock requires employees to be fully vaccinated pursuant to Company policy (policy allows for potential exemptions for medical or religious reasons, consult with Human Resources for more information) employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.