The IT Security Business Analyst is part of the project delivery group within Gilead's IT Security, Risk and Compliance (SRC) department. The IT Security Business Analyst will report to the Associate Director, SRC Program Manager, who is located at Gilead's Main Campus site in Foster City, USA. The IT Security Business Analyst will act as a liaison between technical teams, senior management, and the business community. This person has the responsibility to elicit, analyze and translate information to create clear and consistent documentation in support of project delivery. Typical deliverables include Business Requirements, User Requirements, Technical Requirements, and User Acceptance Test Plan. The Business Analyst works often on multiple projects concurrent. This individual thrives in a very fast-paced and dynamic environment, brings organization and control to the track(s) of work they manage.Responsibilities of the Business Analyst include:
Basic Qualifications & Qualifications:
- Takes full responsibility for project deliverables pertaining to business and end-user requirements.
- Works with the IT Security team, stakeholders and Business counterparts, to gather and analyze information to develop new or update existing documentation.
- Acts as a liaison between technical teams, senior management, and the business community, including managing communications between business stakeholders and technical teams.
- Manages the expectations of stakeholders with integrity and honesty.
- Manages business user change requests and change process to solution.
- Develops user acceptance test plan and manages the execution of the user acceptance test.
- Leads effort to review and obtain approvals for deliverables created.
- Supports project delivery team, including technical SMEs and System-Integrator vendors.
- Provides work estimates and keeps project manager informed on progress, issues and risks.
- Escalates issues impacting deliverables to relevant project manager.
- Supports the introduction of methodologies that are new to SRC, such as Agile, SAFe or Six Sigma.
- Mentors and supports other business analyst (contractors) in the SRC project portfolio.
- Works with management to understand needs for business analyst across SRC projects.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information sciences or related field or equivalent experience.
- Ten years of full-time business analyst experience in the security knowledge areas; such as networking, identity management, platform technologies or end-point device security products.
- Proficient in gathering business requirements using UML, process flows and uses cases.
- Expertise in modeling and mapping as-is, to-be business processes and identifying gaps.
- Experience with complete software development life cycle, Waterfall and Agile.
- Relevant certifications such as PMI-PBA, Agile, SAFe, are preferred.
- Ability to elicit business requirements and translate into technical solution design documents.
- Working knowledge of business processes, system development and process improvements.
- Ability to efficiently prioritize requirements and create conceptual prototypes and mock-ups.
- Ability to implement advanced strategies for gathering, reviewing and analyzing requirements.
- Apply best practices for effective communication and problem-solving.
- Ability to create clear and concise documentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to details.
- Experience with and strong understanding of various technologies and platforms, including end-point devices (i.e. mobile devices, laptops, tablets, servers, etc.)
- Self-starter with strong problem-solving skills.
- Specific experience in the Life Sciences/Pharma/Medical Devices/Healthcare industries is preferred​.
- Ability to support multiple projects in parallel.
- Experience in the GxP or SOX projects is preferred.
Gilead Core Values
- Methodical and systematic
- Delivery orientated
- Integrity – Doing What's Right
- Inclusion – Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork – Working Together
- Excellence – Being Your Best
- Accountability - Taking Personal Responsibility
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for assistance. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.​
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.