Sr. Manager, Advanced Analytics
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization.Essential Job Functions
- Analyze complex business problems using data from multiple internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers and business stakeholders in domains including Finance, HR, Corporate Operations, Corporate Development, Compliance and IT.
- Work cross-departmentally to create specifications for Enterprise reports and Advanced Analytics
- Work cross-departmentally to identify and enable transformational solutions leveraging AI/ML and Forecasting techniques
- Enable Prescriptive/Actionable Insights using NLP and Conversational AI
- Enable Automation of key Analytics activities leveraging RPAs, Bots, Chatbots and Intelligent Automation
- Enable Analytics/Edge Analytics on Streaming data leveraging IoTs, and identifying Outliers
- Automate and develop schedules for KPI metrics, and ensure all deadlines and deliverables are met
- Develop, implement and optimize data management processes to design elegant reporting and analytics solutions on the Enterprise Data Platform built on AWS
- Drive and Build new data models/pipelines and support/launch new Products/Therapeutic Areas
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure project deliverables and timelines are met.
- Lead or manage vendors by providing guidance, take ownership and responsibility for high-quality results
- Interact with business users, convert business requirements into technical and/or business solutions, lead pilots and Proof of Concepts
- High School Degree and Twelve Years Experience OR Associate's Degree and Ten Years Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Eight Years Experience OR Master's Degree and Six Years Experience
- Ability to manage development of cloud data solutions and expertise in AWS services such as S3, Glue, RedShift, EMR, SageMaker and Amazon Forecasting and AWS IoT stack - IoT Core, IoT Greengrass, IoT Analytics
- Deep expertise in developing and deploying Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Reinforced Learning and AI Models
- Proficiency in using ML and Deep Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, Gluon and SciKit
- Experience with all aspects of data management including data modeling, data mining, data warehouses, reporting & data visualization, including experience in Spark for Data Engineering and familiarity with Parquet data formats
- Experience with Familiarity with Reporting and Analytics tools such as Tableau, Alteryx and Starburst
- Hands-on skills with the flexibility to deep-dive into the technical artifacts
- Actively participate and contribute in Strategy and Roadmap projects
- Cloud data management experience
- Strong analytical skills with a proven ability to collect, organize and analyze significant amounts of information
- Life Science experience is a plus
- Strong Business Partnering and presentation skills
- Ability to work in agile environment with evolving requirements, guide technical resources with clear directions.
- Work independently with 'can-do' attitude and willingness to learn and adopt evolving technology
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.