Veranome Biosystems LLC, an Applied Materials company, provides the spatial analysis market with a reliable, easy-to-use, end-to-end multi-omics solution. We enable researchers to deepen their understanding of diseases with high-quality data of how individual cells organize within tissues, using robust workflows, reliable imaging systems and without the need for extensive bioinformatics tools. Veranome’s unique combination of genomics expertise and world-class high-speed diffraction-limited optical imaging capabilities enables researchers to access in-situ spatial omics and elucidate reliable disease insights with unsurpassed data quality.
Why you’ll love working here:
It is an exciting time in the spatial biology field. While many industries slowed down in response to the global Covid pandemic, the field of spatial omics has accelerated. Veranome Biosystems’ first products seamlessly address the need to develop a software, hardware, and assay solution for solving researchers’ biggest problems in accessing spatial biology.
Who you will work with: You’ll work with an outstanding team of experts as we develop cutting-edge products that unlock the potential of high-plex, single cell spatial omics. This will include optical/fluidics engineers, assay scientists, operations and manufacturing engineers, software engineers and bioinformatics scientists.
The value you bring + the value you deliver: You bring proven experience in new product development for image-based life sciences applications. Your systems thinking approach, attention to detail, and your strong collaboration skills will be critical in harnessing advanced high-content imaging and image analysis from semiconductor optical inspection to high-plex, subcellular resolution spatial omics applications.
In this role, you will be the Product Engineering technical lead for the product development of new VSA-1 products from Proof-of-Concept hand-off from R&D through to Early Access deployment and full product launch.
- Lead cross-functional systems engineering and product integration activities to ensure the design and realization of each new product element (e.g., instrument, reagents, analytics, packaging design, etc) aligns with the overall VSA-1 product system design and user requirements.
- Lead product design and realization activities for Continuous Improvement Product (CIP) projects to include any Critical Supplier selection and management, and the development of Product BOMs.
- Engage with R&D team to support next generation product development and to define the Design-for-x (e.g., reliability, mfg, test, cost, serviceability, etc.) strategy and verify its effective implementation across the product development phases
- Facilitate thorough Failure, Modes, and Effects (FMEA) analyses of product manufacturing processes to proactively mitigate risk up-front.
- Partner with Product Marketing to define and execute the Product Roadmap (including continuous improvement opportunities).
- Plan system integration activities and product verification to consistently delivery high quality and reliable products
- Support released product and issue resolution by maintaining a strong partnership with the NPI and Field teams
- Manage the Product Change Control and Management and overall Life Cycle management of fielded product line
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Masters in engineering, molecular biology, chemistry, biochemistry, genomics or similar field with at least 7 years’ experience (or PhD with 4 years) in a technical leadership role developing embedded electrical and mechanical systems.
- Commanding knowledge and experience with systems engineering/integration (electrical and mechanical) and optical system design and operation.
- Experience with agile product design and development processes a plus
- Familiarity with life science instrumentation design and/or microfluidics manipulation preferred
- Experience with microscopy techniques and tissue-based assays a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A desire to be a part of a fast paced, multi-disciplinary and dynamic environment
This position will report directly to the Director of Product Engineering in Mountain View, CA. The position is based in Mountain View, CA and may require some travel.