Sr. Manager, Supply Chain, Clinical Supply
United States - New Jersey - Morris Plains
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.Job Description
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.Sr Manager, Supply Chain (Clinical Supplies)
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases. The Sr. Clinical Supply Manager is a leader that inspires teams while providing expertise for Gilead's global clinical trials. They work collaboratively with Clinical Supply Chain Management (CSCM) team, Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing Teams to develop strategies, meet project deliverables, and solve business problems. The position includes all elements of the clinical supply chain from the protocol design through manufacturing to distribution and inventory management of clinical supplies at clinical sites globally.Responsibilities include:
- Supports end-to-end clinical supply responsibilities including but not limited to protocol interpretation, demand planning, supply planning, distribution, inventory management, label generation, and planning and execution of labeling operations at partner contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs).
- Supports the development of operational/logistics strategies and works collaboratively with CSCM, Quality Assurance, and other functional groups to develop strategies ensuring on time, safe delivery of all clinical materials and shipments.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate inventory records at all depots through timely reconciliation.
- Keep abreast of all incidents related to shipment and reports trending to Quality Assurance and supports the resolution of CAPAs.
- Responsible for maintaining GDP, GMP and global trade compliance.
- Collaborate with Logistics management and other members of CSCM, PDM, and external partners to resolve shipping related issues; Escalates to senior leadership as needed.
- Revise and author SOPs and Work instructions with manager direction and support.
- Obtain and review quotes, approves purchase requisitions and invoices.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Implement business strategies in-line with the vision and goals set forth by the department Ensures priorities are being met and creates clear work plans for staff; communicates progress regularly.
- Recruits, onboards, develops, retains, and supervises staff; sets clear goals for individuals.
Education and Experience:
- Possess strong clinical supplies management experience/ knowledge in forecasting, demand/supply planning, IRT systems, inventory management, clinical labeling, distribution including cold chain, import/export, reverse logistics, CMC and GXP regulations.
- Possesses collaboration, influencing and negotiation skills to work effectively with internal cross-functional group and external suppliers to meet the aggressive clinical study timeline and patient needs.
- Possesses experience with clinical blinding practices in global study, from Phase 1 to Late Phase.
- Possesses solid experience in sourcing and managing comparator drugs and other co-meds for clinical studies.
- Mature knowledge of the FDA, cGMP, GCP standards and regulatory guidance documents.
- Works well with ambiguity, can assess options quickly and efficiently implement the best option in alignment with Gilead's culture and expectations for clinical timelines.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required. Must have the ability to write clear, concise, and error-free documents/presentations.
- Strong computer, database, and organizational skills required. ERP, Planning System, and Project management experience is a plus.
- Able to manage the resources and timelines for programs of moderate complexity.
- 8+ years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree
- 6+ years of relevant experience and a Master's degree
- 2+ years with PhD or PharmD
- Degrees in the sciences preferred
We offer you the opportunity to work within a culture of highly motivated, talented individuals who are dedicated to the company's mission. Each job provides wide-ranging responsibilities due to our cross-functional organizational structure and leadership style, which ensures that everyone is engaged, committed and accountable.
We are looking for individuals from diverse backgrounds who want to work together and support each other to help make a real difference in the lives of patients - people who thrive on performing well within a challenging and fast-paced environment, living our core values of Integrity (always doing the right thing), Teamwork (collaborating in good faith), Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability), Accountability (taking personal responsibility) and Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity).
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, and Singapore employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.