Therapeutic Specialist, PrEP - Seattle
United States - Washington - Seattle
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.Job Description
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead operates in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
The Therapeutic Specialist (TS) -Seattle Territory, is responsible for achieving coverage and frequency targets and consistently achieving sales targets in assigned territory. The TS will effectively address existing gaps in HCP education and knowledge to accelerate HIV prevention care management where high risk has been identified. He/she will drive proactive risk assessments for appropriate patient identification, drive increased education and knowledge for HIV prevention strategies. To accomplish this, the TS will collaborate with the HIV Sales, Community and Marketing teams.
The TS will focus on the timely delivery of HIV disease awareness information, clinical updates on HIV prevention and education on the prevention of HIV. The TS is responsible for establishing strong working relationships with healthcare practices, Federally Qualified Healthcare Centers (FQHC) and AIDS Service Organizations (ASO). The TS should have the ability to synthesize complex clinical concepts to appropriate literacy and conceptual levels for diverse audiences. Candidates must possess strong presentation and communications skills and a proven record of interacting with healthcare professionals.
The Therapeutic Specialist
- Responsible for representing Gilead's products and services to a defined customer base, generating and growing sales and consistently achieving or exceeding sales targets within a specific geographic area. The Therapeutic Specialist will be responsible for developing an understanding of the issues and opportunities unique to each geography.
- The Therapeutic Specialist has a comprehensive understanding of Gilead and competitor products in their therapeutic area, and an in-depth knowledge of the complexities associated with the disease state.
- Actively promotes the appropriate use of Gilead products to healthcare professionals in accordance with Corporate, PhRMA and OIG guidelines. Demonstrates leadership among peers by consistent application and modeling of the appropriate compliance, behavior and conduct. Strict compliance with all regulatory agencies, state, and federal law is required.
- Develops and aggressively implements a territory business plan to meet customer needs and achieve goals. With guidance, initiates systems to monitor sales progress and action plans. Prepares territory budget plans for customer contacts, unrestricted educational grants, speaker events and other miscellaneous external expenditures.
- Works cooperatively with Medical Scientists, National Account Managers, Therapeutic Center Specialists, Marketing and other internal Gilead team members on various cross-functional projects related to specific accounts or physicians. May work in collaboration with outside partner companies to co-promote products or services.
- Assists in the identification and resolution of issues and opportunities and communicates proactively to marketing and sales management. Reports adverse events to Gilead's Drug Safety and Public Health department and other internal departments as appropriate per required guidelines.
- Performs all administrative functions required of the position, including reporting call activity and customer information into the appropriate call reporting system in a timely manner, submitting expenses, etc.
- Adheres to company policies, procedures and business ethics and demonstrates Gilead's company values of Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability and Integrity.
High School and Nine Years' Experience
Associates Degree and Seven Years' Experience
Bachelor's Degree and Five Years' Experience
Masters' Degree and Three Years' Experience Preferred Qualifications: Possess superior selling skills focused on highly competitive markets.
Proven expertise in building relationships and influencing.
Aptitude for rapid learning and retention of technical and scientific product related information.
Must set high goals and standards of performance and be self-motivated and able to work with a general level of autonomy.
Typically requires a BA or BS degree
A minimum of 4 years of pharmaceutical/healthcare sales experience.
Proven and consistent track record of meeting/exceeding sales objectives, preferably in specialty markets.
Previous product launch experience in a highly competitive environment
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, and Singapore employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.