Company Profile:Vaxcyte, Inc. (Nasdaq: PCVX)
is a vaccine innovation company engineering high-fidelity vaccines to protect humankind from the consequences of bacterial diseases. The Company is developing broad-spectrum conjugate and novel protein vaccines to prevent or treat bacterial infectious diseases. Vaxcyte’s lead candidate, VAX-24, is a 24-valent, broad-spectrum pneumococcal conjugate vaccine being developed for the prevention of invasive pneumococcal disease (IPD). The Company is re-engineering the way highly complex immunizations are made through modern synthetic techniques, including advanced chemistry and our exclusively licensed XpressCFTM cell-free protein synthesis platform. Unlike conventional cell-based approaches, the Company’s system for producing difficult-to-make proteins and antigens is intended to accelerate its ability to efficiently create and deliver high-fidelity vaccines with enhanced immunological benefits. Vaxcyte’s pipeline also includes VAX-XP, a PCV with an expanded breadth of coverage of greater than 30 strains; VAX-A1, a prophylactic vaccine candidate designed to prevent Group A Strep infections; and VAX-PG, a therapeutic vaccine candidate designed to slow or stop the progression of periodontal disease. The Company is driven to eradicate or treat invasive bacterial infections, which have serious and costly health consequences when left unchecked. For more information, visit www.vaxcyte.com
Vaxcyte, headquartered in San Carlos, CA, went public in June 2020 and currently has a team of approximately 100 employees and anticipates continued, significant growth. On January 6, 2022, Vaxcyte announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) had cleared the Investigational New Drug (IND) application for VAX-24, its lead vaccine candidate. The Company initiated the VAX-24 Phase 1/2 clinical proof-of-concept study in adults in the first quarter of 2022 and expects to announce Phase 2 topline immunogenicity, safety, and tolerability results by the end of the year. VAX-24 was designed to prevent IPD, which can be most serious for infants, young children, older adults and those with immune deficiencies or certain chronic health conditions. Given the global impact of pneumococcal disease remains significant, the public health community continues to advocate for vaccines that can offer broader protection to prevent IPD. Vaxcyte’s PCV franchise, consisting of VAX-24 and VAX-XP, is designed specifically to address this need and has the potential to deliver the broadest protection for this very serious disease.Summary:
A hands-on role providing both strategic and operational activities. This role develops and executes multi-product global regulatory CMC strategies for investigational products and leads the preparation and filing of regulatory CMC submissions. Manages interactions with Health Authorities for CMC topics. Provides regulatory CMC guidance to various cross-functional teams and ensures all applicable global regulatory requirements are considered and incorporated into product development. Conducts routine regulatory surveillance and communicates new/changing regulations.
- Leads the preparation and review of CMC sections of global regulatory submissions, as well as the interactions and responses with regulatory agencies.
- Member of technical development teams which require experienced interpretation of applicable EMA/FDA/ICH/Global regulations to ensure CMC compliance.
- Defines CMC content (data and documentation) requirements for regulatory submissions and compiles/reviews this content for conformance with established requirements.
- Provides CMC regulatory guidance to cross-functional teams and key stakeholders.
- Manages regulatory assessment and guidance on product compliance topics including change controls, deviations, and GMP investigations throughout development.
- Leads projects with cross-functional teams and acts as the primary regulatory CMC contact for assigned products and projects.
- Represents company in Health Authority meetings and leads or supports CMC preparation activities for meetings with Health Authorities on CMC related matters.
- Stays abreast of current and evolving regulatory CMC requirements, applies this knowledge to assigned projects, and shares knowledge and experience with others to support their development.
- Participates in the design, development and implementation of department strategies, providing recommendations in area of expertise.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate difficult concepts and persuade others.
- Strategic thinking and strong problem solving skills.
- Collaborates and communicates in an open, clear, complete, timely, and consistent manner.
- Strong sense of planning and prioritization, and the ability to work with all levels of management.
- Advanced knowledge in regulatory (FDA, EMA, Health Canada and ICH) guidelines.
- All Vaxcyte employees require vaccination against COVID-19.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacy, Regulatory Affairs for Drugs, Biologics or Medical Devices, or another life-science field.
- Typically requires 8 years of experience in the vaccine or biotech industry or in a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
VP of Regulatory Affairs Location:
San Carlos, CA Compensation:
The compensation package will be competitive and includes comprehensive benefits and an equity component.