ImmunityBio, Inc. is a late-stage immunotherapy company developing next-generation therapies that drive immunogenic mechanisms for defeating cancer and infectious disease. The company’s immunotherapy platform is designed to activate both the innate (natural killer cell and macrophage) and adaptive (T cell) immune systems to create long-term “immunological memory.”
The Product Sales Manager’s (PSM) main objective is to drive clinical conviction of VesAnktiva and achieve performance results within their territory. The PSM role will focus on gaining breadth and depth of treatment adoption from the LUGPA clinics, Academic institutions, and IDN Hospitals who treat and manage early stage bladder cancer patients within their territory. They will be accountable for the complete treatment management to all relevant health care providers on VesAnktiva’s dosing, administration, efficacy and adverse event protocols. The Product Sales Manager will need to understand the unique market opportunities of their geography, including account affiliations and decision makers, prescriber influencers, and treatment pathways, The PSM will develop account specific strategy and execution plans with input from all ImmunityBio field matrix team members. This position reports to the Area Business Directors.
- Drive clinical conviction of VesAnktiva and total account management for all accounts within the territory. Clinical conviction will be focusing on defining appropriate patient identification, approved efficacy results, and all potential adverse events.
- Accountable for the training of all relevant HCP’s on VesAnktiva dosing, administration, and overall treatment expectations for all accounts within the territory.
- Educate and answer questions on approved resources that provide fundamental reimbursement and contracting information.
- Customize brand messages, effectively apply all approved resources in a targeted approach, and identify solutions that meet customer and patient needs.
- Strong account management and access to the LUGPA clinics, NCCN/NCI institutions, and IDN Hospitals within the assigned territory. Compliantly execute effective operational processes for accounts to identify appropriate patients who may benefit from VesAnktiva.
- Develop and maintain meaningful disease state knowledge, product expertise, and demonstrate exemplary listening and communication skills.
- Build trusting customer relationships and provide clear promotional/educational information through in-person meetings, as well as virtually when required by the clinic.
- Plan, lead, and execute speaker programs for the top providers and clinics within the territory.
- Create account strategy and execution plans to drive VesAnktiva’s treatment adoption across all clinics and prescribers who treat and manage patients with Non Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer.
- Analyze account performance, identify prescriber adoption barriers, and propose solutions to address barriers. When necessary, change territory tactics with ImmunityBio matrix partners.
- Apply business acumen to synthesize account/prescriber segmentation data, treatment trends, key influencers to customize evolving account strategy plans.
- Collaborate with ImmunityBio matrix team members to identify opportunities that build account efficiency and process improvements that positively impact appropriate treatment adoption.
- Provide internal feedback on marketing tools, tactics, and effectiveness of promotional activities.
- Consistently achieve or exceed territory revenue targets.
- Represent product in a professional, compliant, and ethical manner.
- Complete all administration, reporting, and training tasks proficiently and on time.
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- Communicate effectively with social/emotional/relational intelligence, both verbally and written, with team members, leadership, and customers.
- Create genuine relationships with customers based on integrity and trustworthiness.
- Practice growth-mindset thinking and behaviors to be a continual learner, open to innovative ideas and solutions while collaborating with cross-functional commercial members.
- Ability to gain consistent access and develop strong professional relationships with health care providers in community and hospital settings.
- Understand the complexities and subtleties of the urologic oncology marketplace and customer segments.
- Demonstrate strong business acumen, analytics, and account management skills.
- Effective prioritization, flexibility and change management abilities in a dynamic environment.
- Leverage technology platforms and business software in the development, management, and execution of key performance indicators.
- Proven track record of success and experience in start-up biopharma, diagnostics and/or medical device company
- Minimum 5 years in outside sales in healthcare, pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical device company
- 4 years Urology and/or Oncology experience preferred
- The willingness and ability to travel overnight
- Valid driver’s license (motor vehicle history will be reviewed annually)
- Bachelor’s degree required
ImmunityBio is a mandatory vaccination employer for COVID-19 and its variants. The Company requires that its employees be fully vaccinated as of their start date. If you require a medical or religious accommodation we will engage in the interactive process with you. Proof of vaccination will be required prior to start. If we make you an offer and you are not yet vaccinated, we will accommodate a delay in start date. ImmunityBio may also mandate that its employees receive vaccine boosters, and all accommodation laws will be followed.