Part Time - Phlebotomist
Sanguine Biosciences is accelerating personalized medicine research by empowering patients with their healthcare data and making it as easy as possible for them to participate in the medical research process. We partner with patients and pharmaceutical companies to accelerate precision medicine R&D by securely and efficiently collecting and providing patient samples and relevant health data. We are helping thousands of researchers at 20 of the top 40 global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies increase the speed and quality at which they are conducting their research. For the past three years, Sanguine received the prestigious designation as a “Great Places to Work” company. It is an exciting time; our biotech company is growing quickly and needs the best team members to join us.
About the Role:
As part of Sanguine Bioscience's patient-facing team, you are serving as the face of Sanguine during all specimen collections. It is important for Sanguine employed Phlebotomists to be comfortable and well-versed in the collection setting both on-site and in the field while representing Sanguine professionally and compassionately. Phlebotomists will perform a variety of protocol-specific procedures including but not limited to phlebotomy, vitals, physical exam, sample processing, packaging and shipment of applicable goods, and delivery and transport of materials per protocol. The above activities must be conducted per clinical research standards, including but not limited to IATA, HIPAA, and OSHA. Phlebotomists must be familiar with the protocol and procedures being practiced and must be fully trained before performing collections. On-site projects will also require managing Sanguine's on-site inventory of supplies and equipment.
Mobile Phlebotomy and Sample Collection
- Complete complex research visits that may include pre-mixing of kitting reagents, multiple shipments, multi-biospecimen collections, dry ice purchasing and handling, centrifuge and aliquoting, custom documentation, and same day drop-offs within a set period of time.
- Ensure that the biospecimens are collected by following the company's policies and protocols and procedures and dropped off at their specified locations within the designated time frames.
- Collect patient medical history, vital signs, blood pressure and other potential health-related data in the home, when applicable..
- Confirm specimens are properly labeled, transported, and shipped in a timely manner.
- Responsible for collections, packaging, shipping and integrity of the biospecimens in a timely manner. Purchase cold bricks and dry ice in advance and keep in the freezer before the visit.
- Dispose of biohazard materials and containers per protocol and as scheduled.
- Review daily visit roster and patient locations, prior to day of collection, confirming kit specifications for each patient and in receipt of correct supplies available for multiple shipments.
- Following protocol instructions, pre-mix visit reagents before the visit
- Prepare log for multiple biospecimen collections for same day deliveries
- Maintain, manage and certify centrifuge and other company administered equipment
- Centrifugation during onsite visits which includes managing multiple samples and spins per client protocol(s), aliquoting whole blood components into cryovials, properly labeling all end products according to instructions and following packaging and shipping best practices according to training and regulations appointments.
- Responsible for communicating to the operations staff to ensure sufficient inventory levels and equipment maintenance.
- Work cooperatively with all patients, employees, clients, and guests.
- Report any unsafe issues or conditions per established policies and procedures.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and a focus on patient safety during all in-home and study related procedures.
- When not scheduled at an on-site location, must remain accessible, reachable within 30 minutes and oncall. Keeping scheduled hours available for Company-related work including, but not limited to: field appointments, training, and other duties as assigned. Available for additional quality and study training as needed.
- Retraining and 1:1 meetings with managers on a regular basis
- Ability to collect and/or handle minimally or non-invasively collected human biospecimens that includes but is not limited to whole blood, urine, saliva, semen, stool and sputum.
- Work independently and autonomously at assigned biospecimen draw locations.Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills and provide a world-class patient experience
- Adhere to Sanguine Biosciences' employee handbook and dress code.
- Conduct yourself professionally and compassionately with donors, employees, clients, guests, and the public.
- At least 1 year phlebotomy experience
- Active Certified Phlebotomy Technologist/Phlebotomy Technician Certificate (CPT or PTC) or similar depending on state law.
- Proof of current TB, TDap, MMR, Varicella, Hep-B, Flu shot, and COVID-19 vaccinations and any additional state required immunizations and vaccinations
- Familiar with and actively practice CDC phlebotomy protocol(s)
- Strong knowledge and understanding about HIPAA compliance
- Complete all documentation following Good Documentation Practices (GDP)
- Ability to follow the provided company policies, training, and study-specific protocols and procedures for internal communication, kit management, in-home phlebotomy work, and biospecimen handling and shipping
- This role may require being at a pharmaceutical site to make collections and follow specific scheduling instructions
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail - willing to manage the supplies required for field and on-site use
- Willingness to wear PPE
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate clinical information to non-clinical people; Providing patient support and answering any questions about the visit
- Experience using mobile technology
- Call reminders to the patients before the appointments
- QA documentation visit requirements
- Ability to take blood pressure and pulses
- Must have an insured and reliable vehicle to drive
- Valid driver's license
- Satisfactory driving record
- Satisfactory background check per company policy
- State minimum auto insurance coverage
- Mileage will be reimbursed at the IRS established mileage rate
- Must be willing and able to travel to locations within a 150 mile radius of your home
Availability & Shifts
- This is an Hourly Role with an eligible target performance bonus paid quarterly.
- Must be available to work all days and shifts at each geographic location
San Diego, New York
Mon, Tue, Wed
Mon, Tue, Wed
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thu
Sanguine is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
- Pediatric phlebotomy experience
- Geriatric phlebotomy experience
- Experience supporting clinical trials
- EKG experience
- Experience with centrifuges and pipetting