Title: Director/Senior Director, National Trade
Reports To: Executive Director, Channel Operations & Government Programs
Location: Field Based
The Senior Director, National Trade routinely interacts/manages relationships with our Manufacturing, Technical Operations, Commercial Quality, Commercial Analytics, Commercial Development, Market Access, Sales and Patient Advocacy Groups as well as Legal and Finance Departments. Primary responsibilities include projecting, scheduling, and managing inventory to meet customer needs and company goals. Additional responsibilities include negotiation and management of all Distribution Service Agreements towards the successful attainment of all contract metrics.
- Design, build and manage the logistics of the entire ex-factory distribution process from the smooth hand-off of packaged materials from manufacturing to 3rd party logistic (3PL) partners, HUB/Patient Support Services, Wholesale partners, pharmacy partners, GPO and institutional partners to the timely, safe and compliant delivery of our therapies to patients.
- Manage wholesaler/distributor inventory levels in an effort to meet product demand while minimizing returns
- Drive and manage cross functional alignment of demand and supply planning, processes, requirements, and assumptions, for forecasting alignment and management of inventory targets.
- Maintain a commitment to a patient-centric approach to ensure that no patient in need is without therapy.
- Develop and execute comprehensive strategies to mitigate the risk of disruptions throughout the supply chain and work closely with Manufacturing, Tech Ops, Legal, Sales, Marketing, Commercial Analytics, Market Access, and Finance around distribution operational issues for expedited resolution.
- Institute and measure key performance indicators to improve process efficiencies, costs, and performance; work cross-functionally to optimize processes and develop and execute continuous improvement initiatives against established budget and performance goals.
- Ensure accurate and compliant execution of policies and procedures.
- Represent in external professional forums and consortiums.
- In coordination with Manufacturing, build and leverage data and IT solutions to be able to track entire supply chain to ensure timely and accurate collection and dissemination of distribution and dispensing data to Finance, Market Access, Sales and Commercial Analytics.
- Interact with Finance and Accounting managing internal data flow.
- Develop and lead Trade Account Management capabilities including; performance monitoring, business rules and contracting activities for 3PL and Distribution services from Order to Cash.
- Lead the development, management, negotiating and monitoring of Distribution Service Agreement’s.
- Work closely with Market Access and Finance to manage price increases, including wholesaler notifications and ensure that subsequent purchase orders are appropriate.
- In collaboration with Marketing and Market Access, develop and implement trade marketing programs including development of Trade deal sheets and other launch and promotional material.
- Leverage wholesaler and retail pharmacy manufacturer services and marketing programs to increase reach and frequency with hospital, pharmacy, and health care professionals.
- Ensure timely and accurate inclusion of product information in drug compendia and downstream information systems including key EHR platforms.
- Lead organization in developing and defining how Patient Support Services including but not limited to; PAP (Patient Assistance Program), Copay Mitigation programs, Patient Reimbursement services and patient health management programs can best be designed, implemented and fulfilled from a distribution viewpoint in collaboration with Medical, Marketing, Market Access, Patient Advocacy, Legal and Sales.
- Support Market Access and Sales with new hire onboarding and at key regional/national company meetings with distribution updates and education initiatives regarding trade, retail pharmacy, institutional pharmacy and GPO programs and status.
- 7 - 10 years’ experience in a pharmaceutical marketing role including 5+ years U.S. market access experience.
- Demonstrated experience developing and leading the implementation of U.S. market access strategies and tactics.
- Ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analyses of complex strategic initiatives.
- Knowledge of the business models, influence/impact, and decision drivers of U.S. commercial and government payers and PBM’s as well as channel customers (i.e. pharmacy and distribution, etc.).
- Understanding of reimbursement methodologies utilized by commercial and government payers under pharmacy benefits.
- Experience leading a cross-functional team of colleagues without a direct reporting relationship.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex business challenges and data-driven recommendations to senior leaders.
- Clinical, technical, and scientific knowledge and aptitude in complex disease states.
- Experience reviewing marketing materials with medical, legal, and regulatory review committees.
- Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in and/or working across brand marketing, sales and sales management in the pharmaceutical, biotech industry.
- Extensive knowledge and experience across pharmaceutical product life cycle.
- Proven results in US Market Access, product launches.
- Proven ability of successfully managing complexity, solving problems, and building strong relationships.
- Understanding of regulatory environment including programs designed to educate patients and prescribers on safety and appropriate use.
- Proven track record in U.S. access, reimbursement and distribution for retail and specialty products.
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams; strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be willing to travel - 50%-60%
Beginning July 19, 2021, Coherus BioSciences requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Coherus BioSciences, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Coherus BioSciences facility or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.