Adicet Bio, Inc is a clinical stage biotechnology company discovering and developing allogeneic gamma delta T cell therapies for cancer. We are advancing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” gamma delta T cells, engineered with chimeric antigen receptors (CAR) and T cell receptor-like antibodies (TCRL), to enhance selective tumor targeting, facilitate innate and adaptive anti-tumor immune response, and improve persistence for durable activity in patients. Our approach to activate, engineer and manufacture allogeneic gamma delta T cell product candidates derived from the peripheral blood cells of unrelated donors allows us to generate new product candidates in a rapid and cost-efficient manner. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.adicetbio.com.
SENIOR / PRINCIPAL DATA SCIENTIST - IMMUNOLOGY/ONCOLOGY
Adicet Bio is seeking a Senior/Principal Data Scientist to help harness the power of the immune system to treat cancer. The Immunology/Oncology leaning Data Scientist will perform analyses of proprietary nucleic acid and peptide data sets and public genomic and proteomic data sets to find actionable biological insights. The successful candidate will have exposure to machine learning and be willing to acquire new techniques and methodologies. The scientist will be in a key position to influence early discovery research and pre-clinical development of projects at Adicet.
- Implements various statistical tools to accurately interpret and prioritize findings in the context of pre-clinical and clinical investigation.
- Identifies patterns, builds models, and algorithms to help understand complex datasets and derive insights that advance Adicet’s product pipeline.
- Use machine learning approaches to isolate potential biomarkers from disparate data sources.
- Develop research-grade algorithms into production-level software.
- Work with scientists and subject matter experts to understand workflow and variables for exploration and work to confirm findings and validating data sources to ensure accuracy, completeness, and uniformity. Effectively communicate findings to stakeholders.
- Drives the execution and integration of cutting-edge analytical approaches which extend Adicet’s capabilities.
- Perform and support efforts in correlative data analysis from Data platform-derived data sources.
- Ensures that the department maintains current awareness in area of expertise, enhances the scientific credibility through contributions to the scientific literature (publications/presentations) and through interactions with academic collaborators.
- May supervise, train, and mentor others.
- Doctorate degree & 2-3+ years’ experience OR Master’s degree & 4+ years’ experience with developing and successfully executing clinical biomarker identification strategies in immunotherapy.
- Degree in a field of science, mathematics, or computer science with emphasis or experience in cancer and/or immunology or immuno-oncology, neuro-immunology, computational biology, bioinformatics, or related field and help define and address biological questions with computational approaches.
- Experience building NGS analysis workflows and integrative analysis of single cell, whole exome, or targeted NGS sequencing data (e.g., DGE, DTU, RNAseq, scRNA-seq, TCR-seq, NanoString, proteomics).
- Demonstrated competence in the broad application of one or more higher level programming languages such as Python, Java/Scala, Matlab, SAS, SQL, or R and using distributed version control (Git/GitHub).
- Experience using AWS cloud infrastructure and services (EC2, S3, RDS, EFS).
- Comfortable using the Linux operating system virtual environments (e.g., Anaconda).
- Knowledge and in-depth understanding of machine learning and related open-source libraries such as Scikit-Learn; data manipulation libraries such as Numpy, Pandas; and deep learning libraries such as TensorFlow.
- High level of enthusiasm, broad interest, and general understanding for biological and Data sciences, with particular emphasis on immune effector cell biology.
- Strong project management skills and focus on delivery of results.
- Significant contributions and productivity in Data research as evidenced by publications in high impact journals and presentations at industry/scientific conferences.
- Familiarity with ELN, LIMS and lab automation systems is a plus.
- Excellent organizational and record-keeping skills.
Adicet Bio requires all workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including the booster dose.
Adicet Bio offers both comprehensive benefits and Paid Time (PTO) plans for employees, which begin on the first day of employment, as well as the opportunity to work in a growing, dynamic environment.
Adicet Bio is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.